USA Departmant of Homeland Security Real ID Act Jan 2018

For you fellow Americans I thought I would post the latest update on this real ID act. Just something to be aware of in case maybe you are returning to the USA or are contemplating moving to a different state or getting a new driver license etc. I am a FL resident and I have my "gold star" on my recent license.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/news/real-id-not-needed-for-domestic-flights-until-2018.html

I thought this applied to drivers' licenses from states that don't require real ID?? I'm not sure.

The last time I renewed my Oregon D/L I had to go in personally with a certified copy of my birth certificate to prove citizenship. I'm told I don't have to do that again as they now have that in their records.

I understood that because my state does this it's already considered "real ID." Dunno... ?? ??

Kalifornicate will give anyone with a pulse a D/L and probably let them vote. OK, they'd probably give a D/L and voter card to a sack of rocks. OK, people from San Fran would probably even vote for a sack of rocks but that's another topic. Those Calif. D/L's can't be trusted.

It's confusing because the Feds relaxed their stand at the last minute.

But the HomeSec website sets out the policy as it stands today:

"Rumor: TSA isn’t going to accept my driver’s license starting on January 1, 2016.

Fact: TSA will continue to accept driver’s licenses issued by all states through January 2018 and, then, will continue to accept licenses from all compliant states or noncompliant states with an extension."

http://www.dhs.gov/real-id-and-you-rumor-control