Toyota CH-R launching this year

Cook my sock

Been waiting for the C-HR for a while. Geneva is only around the corner so not long to wait to see the production version. I guess Europe is first on the list, but hopefully Thailand gets the nod around the same time. They have the capacity now as they ceased assembling the Prius, and this will sell way more than the Prius ever did in Thailand.

If they cd sell a hybrid for around 1.2m it would clean up

Yeah, I get a feeling that is their end-game, to discontinue the Prius and then take on the HRV and destroy it. Their hybrid technology is pretty commercially mature now, not counting the plug-ins, but even that might work price-wise and would be the most attractive I suppose.

The concept art I saw for the C-HR looked completely different. A 2 door coupe on stilts as OP put it. Kind of fun for those without kids maybe.

Toyota already do sell a 1.5l mini SUV called the 'Rush' in some markets, including Indonesia where I think it is made. I have seen one up close, and it doesn't look too bad. I would choose it over the new Honda B-RV or Ford Ecosport. It would be nice if it came to Thailand.

http://www.toyota.astra.co.id/product/new-rush/#color-3d

At the moment I do believe Toyota offer an option that is similar in size to the HRV (the RAV4 is closer to the CRV).

Edited by Katipo

The concept art I saw for the C-HR looked completely different. A 2 door coupe on stilts as OP put it. Kind of fun for those without kids maybe.

Toyota already do sell a 1.5l mini SUV called the 'Rush' in some markets, including Indonesia where I think it is made. I have seen one up close, and it doesn't look too bad. I would choose it over the new Honda B-RV or Ford Ecosport. It would be nice if it came to Thailand.

http://www.toyota.astra.co.id/product/new-rush/#color-3d

At the moment I do believe Toyota offer an option that is similar in size to the HRV (the RAV4 is closer to the CRV).

Two concepts, first was the blue one with 2 doors. Second was the silver one with 4 doors, supposedly to be more practical. The production version being shown next month is supposed to look very similar to the second concept, we shall see if that's the case soon enough.

post-241826-0-27369500-1455537938_thumb.

post-241826-0-11137100-1455537941_thumb.

Yeah, looks to be a direct competitor to the HRV. Would be interesting if they hybrid it.

Only if it's a hybrid system calibrated to increase performance - or if Toyota really do price it as if it only has 10% tax wink.png

If it's just another over priced, gutless, Toyota econo-hybrid, they can keep it... tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

Apart from no sat nav option the HRV is an attractive package,except for the ancient 1.8 engine. In other markets it has an efficient small capacity diesel (1.6 I think) which is a much better option. A similar situation pertains to the CRV.Why does thailand have to put up with old engines in the Honda range that the rest of the world doesn't ?

• 2 weeks later...

Toyota screwed up IMO. They've struck a middle ground that doesn't appeal to anyone
.. It should have been much more like the concept, there was a niche there which they didn't have the DELETED to go for

can't see who it appeals to, it's not going to appeal to women like the HRV and can't see many hipsters buying it. But at the same time too quirky for mainstream buyers

Edited by seedy
language