Cardiac drugs

Hi all, I need to know whether these 3 drugs are available in Thailand and if they are what ball park monthly cost. Thanks a lot

Bisoprolol fumarate

Ramipril

Spironolactone

Posted (edited)

Bisoprolol is a beta blocker and freely available … I’ve got quite a lot that you can have. Surprisingly I seem to tolerate concor much better. Even my doctor said yes that can happen.

Ramipril, I’ve taken since 1993!!!  It’s available here as Titrace ….I last paid 1050thb for 100 2.5mg

I don’t know about the last one ….

Edited by PFMills

Spirolonactone is available. I'm getting my mine from the local gov hospital as part of my bi-monthly clinic visit.

The cost is 150 baht for 100 tablets. Probably slightly more at a private pharmacy.

All 3 are available at any large pharmacy without a prescription. Multiple local brand names.

Write down the names as Thai pharmacists often do nto understand western pronounciations. Show the written down names to a real pharmacist at a "real" pharmacy i.e.  NOT a Boots or Watsons' (mainly sell cosmetics, very limited range of pharmaceuticals)  and not a hole in the wall place either (those seldom have actual pharmacists).

Cost will depend on what brand you get with locally made being cheaper.

Where in Thailand are you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

All 3 are available at any large pharmacy without a prescription. Multiple local brand names.

Write down the names as Thai pharmacists often do nto understand western pronounciations. Show the written down names to a real pharmacist at a "real" pharmacy i.e.  NOT a Boots or Watsons' (mainly sell cosmetics, very limited range of pharmaceuticals)  and not a hole in the wall place either (those seldom have actual pharmacists).

Helps that if you are are taking them now, to take the packet with you to the Pharmacy. 

Note that if there is a white blind drawn down and blocking the medications behind the counter, that means there is not an authorised pharamacist in the store at that time (out for lunch etc). 

46 minutes ago, EvetsKram said:

Thankyou!Thanks, the last one is a diuretic used for heart failure mostly

I had Covid earlier this year …it didn’t do my heart any good at all. I was given a diuretic to get rid of fluid in my lungs. Only took it for one week but during that time it didn’t do my kidneys a lot do good. Lost a kg though!

Now I have been on, extra to as before Covid,  a drug called Jardiance. Kidney has improved. With that drug and diet changes my fasting glucose  has improved eight points. I feel that my heart is better also.

if you retire here you should enjoy.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Thanks Sheryl, I'm back in Australia for a while. When I head back it will Chanthaburi

27 minutes ago, PFMills said:

I had Covid earlier this year …it didn’t do my heart any good at all. I was given a diuretic to get rid of fluid in my lungs. Only took it for one week but during that time it didn’t do my kidneys a lot do good. Lost a kg though!

Now I have been on, extra to as before Covid,  a drug called Jardiance. Kidney has improved. With that drug and diet changes my fasting glucose  has improved eight points. I feel that my heart is better also.

if you retire here you should enjoy.

Good for you, I recently had a major heart attack and now heart failure. I lived in Thailand quite a few years, came back where I originated last year

On 5/15/2024 at 12:35 PM, EvetsKram said:

Hi all, I need to know whether these 3 drugs are available in Thailand and if they are what ball park monthly cost. Thanks a lot

Bisoprolol fumarate

Ramipril

Spironolactone

Yes

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 12:35 PM, EvetsKram said:

Bisoprolol fumarate

Ramipril

Spironolactone

For the Bisoprolol I pay 375 Baht for 100/5mg tablets at the Military Hospital in Udon Thani. Drugs are very inexpensive there. Pay 50 Baht to see a doctor for the prescription in the hospital, then off to their pharmacy for the best prices in Udon. 

Edited by fittobethaied

Posted (edited)

Since you are under prescription heart drugs from your doctor it is recommented to buy all of them o.f.f.i.c.i.a.l from your country at any quantity for your estimate period.

Trust noone in foreign places and above all dont "replace" them with other synonym brands in foreign country because it may be fatal for your safety.

Prescription drugs in any country are sold in different dosage quantities (mg or μg) and active substance of the medicinal product and you may be involved in troubles.

Always have with you your doctor's prescription from your country and show it if Authorities ask you for it at the airport.
You have priority as a patient with heart disease not to wait in quenes at any immigration office as well as to carry your prescription heart drugs notifying anyone may ask you for "checks" that you suffer from cardiac desease.

I don't want to scare you, but write your name and your medication as well as your blood type in a piece of paper in Thai language for any case and for your safety.
The collateral "details" may be useful to you.

Edited by Paris333

On 5/15/2024 at 3:36 PM, EvetsKram said:

Thanks Sheryl, I'm back in Australia for a while. When I head back it will Chanthaburi

There should be at keast 1 large, air conditioned  pharmacy (with qualified pharmacist) in Chantaburi town.

Avoid pharmacies in rural districts. Among other things, proper storage of drugs is iffy.