Phu Nam Ron Border Crossing Stamp Fee Myanmar

• 910 Baht. You pay at a small office just after clearing Thai passport control.

The 910 includes the return car ride (a few km's) to the Myanmar passport control and the entry/exit stamps.

Edited by elviajero

Thanks a lot!

Can the crossing only be done with a valid Thai-Visa?

Or can i go (into Myanmar) and come back (to Thailand) even after my Visa has expired?

And if so, does the Thai side charge any fees at reentry?

And, can this process (going/coming back) be repeated multiple times (lets say every 15 days)?

Very much appreciate your answer. Many thanks in advance.

Thanks a lot!

Can the crossing only be done with a valid Thai-Visa?

Or can i go (into Myanmar) and come back (to Thailand) even after my Visa has expired?

And if so, does the Thai side charge any fees at reentry?

And, can this process (going/coming back) be repeated multiple times (lets say every 15 days)?

Very much appreciate your answer. Many thanks in advance.

1. Yes.
  2. If you want to immediately return you will only be able to exit Thailand if you have a valid visa. They will let you exit if you have a visa for Myanmar but you cannot get a VOA at the border. I was told by an immigration officer at the border that you can get a visa exempt entry on re-entry to Thailand but ONLY if you stay in Myanmar at least 1 night. The nearest hotel is apparently 100km from the border so it's a non starter for anyone wanting visa exempt entry.
  3. There is no entry fee for Thailand.
  4. Only with a valid Thai visa.

The border is only really set up for visa holders that need to exit/re-enter. I drove a friend there last week, but I waited on the Thai side while he went in to Myanmar. By his account the Myanmar passport control is no more than a few huts and they just stamp you in/out without issuing a visa.

Thanks a lot all.

Dear el viajero, muchas gracias!

Many thanks for your kind help and elaborate information that answered all my doubts.

I also went there one month ago. That time i still held a vias, which will expire soon. Did the crossing. Walked to the other side as i didn't want to pay the agent. Fortunately on either ways some nice locals picked me up to give a lift. From your info left me understood that the crossing only makes sense holding a valid Thai Visa.

Muchas gracias. Vaya con Dios.

Saludos,

Tobias

• Like 1