With the private car from Thailand into Laos for Tourist Visa application

Dear all,

1. is it possible to take the own private car (registered in Thailand on my girlfriend) into Laos?

2. is it possible even if i drive alone, without the holder of the car?

3. do i (German nationality) need a visa to go to Laos for Thai Visa application?

4. does my girlfriend (Thai nationality) need a visa if she'd like to accompany me?

Many thanks in advance.

1. Yes if the car is not financed and you have a passport for it issued by the department of land transport. Not really worth the trouble for a visa run. There is secure parking just before the bridges.

2. With written and certified permission from the owner.

3. Yes you need to get a visa on arrival. The fee will be $30 US or 1500 baht.

4. If she has a passport she will get a 30 day visa exempt entry. Without a passport she can get a border pass that allows 3 days of stay for about 50 baht.

1. Yes, but you need a passport for the car which you get in Thailand from the local transport office. The car must be owned and not financed.
  2. I don't know but they will want to see proof of ownership at the border.
  3. Yes, you can get a Visa on Arrival.
  4. No.
Edited by elviajero

I heard that since 01.01.2016 the Thai Embassy in Vietnaine is not longer issuing Tourist-Visas for non Laos citizens.

Is this true?

Or can foreigners (p.e. with german citizenship) still get Tourist-Visas (preferably double entry) in Vietnaine?

Thanks & Regards,

Tobias

I heard that since 01.01.2016 the Thai Embassy in Vietnaine is not longer issuing Tourist-Visas for non Laos citizens.

Is this true?

Or can foreigners (p.e. with german citizenship) still get Tourist-Visas (preferably double entry) in Vietnaine?

Thanks & Regards,

Tobias

Vientiane will issues tourist visa to those 'foreigners' who are qualified to apply. Someone with a German passport can apply.

Only single entry tourist visas are issued.

Many thanks for your answers.

Could you eventually provide a link to the Tourist Visa application form in english.

I had a look at the embassy website but couldn't find as it is all in Thai language.

Thanks&Regards,

Tobias