Stephen Fry quits Twitter after criticism for BAFTA joke

webfact

"Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."

There, proved that both the "popular website moderator" and you are incorrect and that with just 15 words.

And you for one, didn't have anything of your own to say but needed to quote Benjamin Franklin.

Yes, one might say something significant or amusing in a single sentence but to explain his point of view with examples and convince others of it, takes a bit more.

Awhile ago a popular website moderator complained that younger people posting on his site have no hold of grammar or punctuation and neither they can produce more than few lines of drivel. He has maintained 800 words as a minimum of submission saying that anything less there probably will be nothing worthwhile to read. I tend to agree.

Sites - or rather apps - like Twitter, are limited to very few words indeed. A sign of our less-than-intellectual times, I suppose.

Whatever one thinks of Stephen Fry, I enjoy his take on things and his humor. In this world of mediocrity he is a shining beacon. *Inappropriate phrase removed* I miss the wit of Oscar Wilde and the likes.

How can you miss the wit of somebody that died 115 years ago? You only know of his wit because you have read it, so read it again and again and you will not miss it whistling.gif

Stephen Fry is awesome and has an intellect seldom matched by others. Drama Queen ....yes! Incredible entertainer ....yes! Absolutely right in this case.....yes!

Im surprised it took so much time for him to catch on.

Twitter and social media is what exemplifies the progress and enlightenment of the human mind these days.

Just a bunch of self aggrandising BS where you are always one post away from being lambasted by a bunch of truckwits who might not agree with you.

"where you are always one post away from being lambasted by a bunch of truckwits who might not agree with you."

On a much smaller scale, not much different here. tongue.png