Electric bill current usage is blank past 4 months

4evermaat

The power bill for the past 4 months has been partially blank. All the other important stuff is printed, including usage history. But the most important ones: the current usage, current amount due, due date, etc are missing.

post-109486-0-62413400-1455599418_thumb.

Anyone else having this problem? The PEA mini office in the mall where i go to pay the bill doesnt blink. They do a search and say the amount. I want to report it somehow.

edit: uploaded photo.

We have a similar problem. Sometimes the barcode doesn't print, or partially prints. The amount to pay was missing once as well, but it's usually the barcode at fault. Maybe happened 4 times in the past 12 months. This means we can't pat ay the 7/11 as normal and have to go to the Electricity Office to pay the bill.

Pain in the backside as the lazy meter reader should realise the dockets are faulty and do something about his machine to fix it. Oh wait, we're in Thailand..........

Hey OP - what are your living conditions to rack up 100 Baht electricity bills? No aircon, punkha wallahs wafting the air with large brooms?

Mine runs at 4,000 in cold season and 6,000+ baht in the hot season.

I'm envious.

We have a similar problem. Sometimes the barcode doesn't print, or partially prints. The amount to pay was missing once as well, but it's usually the barcode at fault. Maybe happened 4 times in the past 12 months. This means we can't pat ay the 7/11 as normal and have to go to the Electricity Office to pay the bill.

Pain in the backside as the lazy meter reader should realise the dockets are faulty and do something about his machine to fix it. Oh wait, we're in Thailand..........

Exactly. The PEA 1129 support desk did reply quickly in English to confirm the correct meter #. So we will see what their investigation leads to. A partial bill is better than nothing, and I gave them the benefit of the doubt the first time (printer might have been broken, et. al) But 4 months straight?

62 houses on my Moo-baan got bills without bar-codes. The Electricity office is a 50 kms round trip away. What a waste of petrol because of a pillock with a faulty machine.

PEA have offices about 25km from where I stay. So because I have to make a trip into town anyway to get other supplies or do just about anything anyway, I will just take it with me. It's not completely out of the way, so to speak.

But there is a mobile PEA satellite van that stops in my sub-district on the 4th of every month. But if you miss that 1 day, you have to go to one of their stationery offices. Does your subdistrict have one of those vans? They will usually go to where the local market is in that sub-district.

Hey OP - what are your living conditions to rack up 100 Baht electricity bills? No aircon, punkha wallahs wafting the air with large brooms?

Mine runs at 4,000 in cold season and 6,000+ baht in the hot season.

I'm envious.

Back when I had a fuller house, with a/c unit used, near daily washing machine use, the bill was 1300-2200 baht or so. But now I stay alone more or less. No a/c, no hot water heater. The fan runs nearly 24/7 along with the laptop and a 5 watt bulb in the bathroom. Gas stove, 400 baht to refill 15kg tank. The bill used to be 800-ish baht, but has went down in recent months (same usage), i used to think someone was tapping my line because I often heard about people having 300-400 baht bills One of my thai friends said sometimes the bill fluctuates 200-ish baht, not necessarily someone using your line. 400-500 baht bills are the norm now.

One time it was less than 100 baht....again same daily usage. Not sure if they read the meter wrong. Oh well.

Archived