Retired general's immodest proposal pits Prostitutes, Coyotes against Monk Mob

webfact

Retired General's Immodest Proposal Pits Prostitutes, Coyotes Against Monk Mob
By Pravit Rojanaphruk
Senior Staff Writer

14556122761455612358l.jpg
A monk and soldier speak Monday west of Bangkok at a Buddhist park in Nakhon Pathom province.

BANGKOK — An aristocrat and retired army major general today suggested the junta should deal with protesting monks by sending hired coyote girls, prostitutes, female masseuses and female soldiers to disperse any future protests instead of male troops.

Coming a day after thousands of monks clashed with soldiers briefly at a grand Buddhist Park west of Bangkok, retired Maj. Gen. HSH Prince Chulcherm Yugala weighed in on Facebook early Tuesday morning with his suggestion, saying that physical contact with women would make the monks impure and cost them their celibate status.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1455612276

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-02-16

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very clever.

You have to hand it to these Thais, they are great lateral thinkers.

Had my (imported) car in a local garage today. No parts available in Thailand. I thought I was going to have to wait at least a week with my car of the road. This young mechanic manufactured the part for me for less than ten percent of what it was going to cost me to import it. Fitted!

Good old Thai ingenuity!!

I reckon this Major General is one cool dude Thai - he obviously has a penchant for sarcasm and wit.

As a rule, Thais don't do sarcasm very well. So this is an interesting development in the upper echelons of the army.

I bet he didn't attend university in Nakon Nowhere. coffee1.gif

And he's also displaying another trait that is distinctly alien to the Thai administration. He's thinking totally outside the box!! He offers a dynamic solution to a problem that let's face it, would probably work. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Gsxrnz

What a misogynist POS. Men on all sides are acting like total imbeciles and his solution is degrade women further. Crème de la crème of society right there. facepalm.gif

No he was in fact empowering women and helping to diffuse a potentially violent situation. Which feminazi decade are you stuck in BTW? You sound sound like a sexist misandrist to me.

For the one time there is someone in this country able and daring to show some sense of humour (the more so: caustic, and to-the-point, a bit the barracks' kind of stuff, but still), look at the denigrating posts here about it... The moralists' brigade on the barricade, or is it a bunch of hypocrites?

Anyways: 'Touché', your highness!

Excellent thinking outside the box by the M.R.but no need for the coyotes and prostitutes at this stage. just begin with rows of female army and police officers linking arms and slowly marching on the hapless monk.mob.

But then again bringing in the coyotes could lead to instant mass disrobement- and then what will Wat Thammakai do?

What a pity the "HSH Prince" did not come out of the woodwork to offer this suggestion when the Mad Monk was running around Bangkok with his gang of armed thugs.

I fear that the concept of "noblesse oblige" is foreign to his moral compass.