Is there a Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Khon Kaen?

mattk1

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine got a stamp on his marriage certificate issued by the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Chiang Mai, the stamp is proof of a genuine document.

As I also need this stamp on my marriage certificate I was wondering if anyone know if there is a Ministry of Foreign Affairs office in Khon Kaen, which would save me a trip to Bangkok and a lot of hassle?

Cheers for any info guys :-)

Why do you need your marriage certificate certified?

There is no office in Khon Kaen.

You may be able to do it by mail. Contact info for legalization office from (Thai) http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/1518

• Ministry of Foreign Affairs

123 Rd., Chaeng Wattana Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210.

Phone 02-575-1058-60 Fax 02-575-1054

The page lists Ubon as being able to it but people have contacted the office and fournd out it was not correct.

Hi UbonJoe,

Thanks for clearing that one up for me, so it's looking like a trip to Bangkok is needed (if they don't allow it by mail).

The reason I need my marriage certificate legalised is for use in Spain when I travel there with my wife and kids :-)

Cheers!

Look on google for translation shops in Bangkok, there are many, then email your certificate to them and they will translate it if necessary and then take it to the MFA and get it stamped and post it to your home address, all for a reasonable cost of course but a lot less than a trip to Bangkok.

HL