OA to retirement

If you have an O/A visa it is good for a two year stay.

Exit the country near the "enter before" date which is clearly marked on the visa and you will receive a years permission to stay on return. During this second years stay any travel outside Thailand will require you to obtain a re-entry permit to keep your permission to stay alive on return.

During the last 30 days of your permission to stay application can be made, at an immigration office, for a one year "extension of stay based on retirement." You will need 800,000 Bht in a Thai bank or a certified income of 65,000/month. A combination of income and money in the bank totaling 800,000 is also accepted.

Thanks for the info but I am not really worried about all this enter before exit date etc etc. I just want to know if I can change to a retirement extension after a year on an OA.

I think this is why it gets so confusing. Ask a simple question and you never really get an answer to it, just other ways of how to do it.

No offence sunnyjim5

Thanks for the info but I am not really worried about all this enter before exit date etc etc. I just want to know if I can change to a retirement extension after a year on an OA.

I think this is why it gets so confusing. Ask a simple question and you never really get an answer to it, just other ways of how to do it.

No offence sunnyjim5

OK here is a simple answer ! smile.png

Yes you can.

You need to apply during the last 30 days of your permitted stay.

No offence sunnyjim5

OK here is a simple answer ! smile.png

Yes you can.

You need to apply during the last 30 days of your permitted stay.

Cheers .

No offence sunnyjim5

You will not be able to apply for an extension of stay until 30 day before your current permit to stay ends that you will get anytime you enter the country. You will not be doing it based upon the date your visa expires,

Every time you enter the country you will get a new one year entry up to the enter before date on your visa.

You can but why would you when you can get another year for free?

Not only that but also paying 1900 thb to the Thai government when he doesn't need to do so.

(Edit: Duh. That's what "free" means. Stupid me.)

Edited by TheAppletons

You can but why would you when you can get another year for free?

Not only that but also paying 1900 thb to the Thai government when he doesn't need to do so.

(Edit: Duh. That's what "free" means. Stupid me.)

Plus letters from Embassy, Bank etc when he has already paid for a Multi Entry.

Cheers all. Think I get it now. I assumed the year ended on the date the permit to stay ended. All starting to make sense now.

Without wishing to appear to be patronising are you able to verbalise what it is you now understand ?

I know that kittens are cute and fluffy white clouds mean it will be a beautiful day.

Anything else I leave to others.

Cheers all. Think I get it now. I assumed the year ended on the date the permit to stay ended. All starting to make sense now.

Without wishing to appear to be patronising are you able to verbalise what it is you now understand ?

I know that kittens are cute and fluffy white clouds mean it will be a beautiful day.

Anything else I leave to others.

Thanks !

I really needed to know that .............

Seems you have not learnt very much so good luck