Anyone had a nasty stomach bug /body aching virus?

bobmac10

After a dinner party (no alcohol) three nights ago I had a very bloated feeling which suddenly turned into a "must go to bathroom" feeling.

This then proceeded to a diarrhoeah bout for about two hours while I became increasingly nauseous.

Although I didn't vomit, I felt like it but I was too weak and giddy to leave my bed.

The stomach bloated/pains stayed while my body increasingly ached.

I spent one of the worst nights of my life, no longer troubled by diarrhoeah, but by terrible body aches.

Even my skin hurt to touch, the backs of my eyes, my muscles and bones just hurt big time.

I hardly slept the pain was so bad, and in the morning I took an extra strength Panadol which helped with the pain.

Its gradually gone although for a full 36 hours it was intense.

Now I just have an aching lower back and hips.

I Googled viruses in Thailand but they all referred to the Zika virus which I don't think applies in this case.

I'm wondering has anyone else had a similar experience?

I live near Chiang Rai.

There are GI viruses like this but could also have been food poisoning and given the temporal association with a dinner party, probably was.

Sounds like you are on the mend already. For future reference: take charcoal tablets (Ca-R-Bon available at any 7 eleven), paracetemol and electrolyte drink (also available in small sachets in any 7 eleven) at the first sign of symptoms. If persistent fever or unable to keep fluids down, then hospital.

Read your post Bobmac, did you also have severe back ache ? Sounds like my episode except I had severe back ache straight away.

Yes Geisha, very bad back ache, it hurt to lie down.

It was as if the inside of my back was sore like the back of my chest wall and diaphragm.

I still have a lingering lower back and hip joint ache.

Hopefully it will pass soon.