Udon Riders Club ( Motorcycles)

ray23

my experience has shown me there are a lot bike riders in the Udon area. Group rides are fun, but it's difficult to organzie rides just simply because we don;t know how to contact each other. I actually thought about strating a forum for Issan riders, it's freee to do but I just learned how to turn this thing on :o

But maybe just an e-mail list to notify guys of planned rides would work just as well. We are heading into good riding weather and lots of events for rider over the next four months.

Well let me know if you got any interest and maybe we can something going.

Hello ray23

There was (and still is) a yahoo-group called 'isanviking' founded some years ago by a viking who was at that time riding a Haybusa and living near Udon. But it is dead now and the viking is gone (I heard with a new wife and a car now in central Thailand?). You may find the old yahoo group by googling 'isanviking'.

There is a active 'bangkok rider' club with a forum: you may look for bkkriders at geocities.com. But this is only for Bangkok. They have some interesting stuff about shops, laws, import of bikes etc in their archives. I do not read it any more because the discussions center now more on where to meet for a beer. Nothing against that: but I am too far away to participate.

There are too may forums around. I suggest you start a thread here - well you already did :o There surely is a information vacuum for isarn bikers.

I myself live in Bankok, 4km north of Manchakiri which is 50 km south-west of Khon Kaen. I drive a Yamaha Royal Star (1300cc, V4, touring bike) and I am also constantly looking for riding company. There are Thais, but they have different ideas of what is fun. Are there any farangs with a bike near Khon Kaen (Ban Phai, Pra Yun, Mancha) reading this?

If you, with or without your club, ever pass here you are cordially invited to a beer at my home. Bankok is a small Thai tourist attraction: there are turtels living in the village. But I guess you will be bored by the turtels rather quickly. Your wife may hope for a lottery number hint, you may prefer a beer in my garden: ask for 'Thedi' or look for my house when you ride on the main road from Manchakiri north: you will see my home on your right standing out into the rice filelds of the village with three conspicious green roofs. Just give me a notice first: [email protected].

Regards

Thedi [email protected]

PS: a mailinglist may be a good idea too. If you start one you may add me to it - so Udon is a bit out of may way, I may learn things like news about repair shops etc. But i still think that thaivisa will be a place where a lot of people will find you. And the more there is to find, the more interesting it will be ;-)

This relates to essarn, I have a lot of riding buddys from Suriin and Buriram, there is a new club just started by a few ferrangs called the bufalo soldiers. but the guy you want to speak to is a mate of mine who organises rides very frequent, last week they all rode up to Ulltradit, ?, for the bike show, about 800 kms, i think about 15 rode up, and they are returning Wed, on the way back he is picking my CBR900 Fireblade up from a guy in Kon Kaen, a riders forum would be a damm good idea, you can contact him by e-mail at [email protected] he is the guy to speak to, and nice fella.

Last Feb, a load of us rode down to Pattaya, for the Motorcycle festival, a few guys came from Udon, and met us in Buriram then we all rode down, i ended up coming off, had a seal go on my rear drive shaft, got oil on back tyre, h e l l was i in a mess.

Edited by Thaicoon

Great ideas guys Thank you.

I know about the group in Khan Kean ran across them on one of the rides, I also posted someting on the GT Riders Board.

I will emaill the guy and I guess that could be a start of an e-mail list and hopefully keep each other informed of planned rides. Shouldn't be that hard to make a contact on Nong Khia just take a trip to the bikers bar and see if they want to participate.

It's a start. :D

:o

Edited by ray23

An ancient 750 Yahmaha that I have rebuilt just put on new complete exhaust system. Still have one more problem I need to get around the nuetral safety switch it is really warn so it is a pain to get the light for a start most of the time. So I want to get that bypassed. problem is explaining that to a Thai mechanic :o

I would be looking at the back end of your blade a lot :D :D

post-662-1161701472_thumb.jpg

An ancient 750 Yahmaha that I have rebuilt just put on new complete exhaust system. Still have one more problem I need to get around the nuetral safety switch it is really warn so it is a pain to get the light for a start most of the time. So I want to get that bypassed. problem is explaining that to a Thai mechanic :o

I would be looking at the back end of your blade a lot :D :D

post-662-1161701472_thumb.jpg

Ray,

My mate the one i gave you his e-mail address has just sold a yamaha 750, sme as yours but blue, he now has a noda cbr400, if i go for a ride with these guys i use my Yamaha Dragstar, nice cruising bike, and looks the part, the CBR is just to frighten the Mrs, and have a bit of fun on, only just bought it, Dan is picking it up for me today, there is a brilliant thai mechanic in Krasang he has just rebuilt my Dragstar after i had a spill, he is superb, at the moment he is rebuilding a custom chopper i have, he would sort your bike out.

post-9688-1161704153_thumb.jpg

post-9688-1161704207_thumb.jpg

Do not take any note of the date, these pics were taken last week, i will post my other two bikes

Edited by Thaicoon

I like the drag stars but Mia Mee Baht :o

Actually there is a brand new 750 Honda sitting at PP motors in Udon I would kill for but they had it for for 470K didn't sale so the rumor is is now it's 560K . I do mean new. I watched them take the platic wrap off it a rare find, but not iexpensive.

I like the drag stars but Mia Mee Baht :o

Actually there is a brand new 750 Honda sitting at PP motors in Udon I would kill for but they had it for for 470K didn't sale so the rumor is is now it's 560K . I do mean new. I watched them take the platic wrap off it a rare find, but not iexpensive.

A rare find indeed, bet you he has put the price up hoping a ferrang will buy, the black fireblade came from udon, it is tuned to .........., the guy who owned it used to be a racing mechanic with red bull, so the bikes the biz. here are the other two bikes, the gold one is just been rebuilt to show quality, all re chromed etc. this is based on a steed.

post-9688-1161705003_thumb.jpg

post-9688-1161705057_thumb.jpg

Sorry about previous spelling mistakes, i am not thick. it's this damm wireless keyboard i am using, pain in the a.., thinking of binning it and getting a newbie.

[/quote

Ok I know the bike ( bladee) I think, nice choice.

We will be going on a ride Saturday the 28th, thinking about the Loie area should be nice and cool as well as beautiful there. But if someone has a different idea that’s cool the where doesn’t matter the ride does.

gtriders board ( http://board.gt-rider.com/default.asp) has graciously set a section just for Issan riders, so we can keep each other informed about trips. There are many clubs in several cities, but we really haven’t had a way to communicate until now.

Along with sharing rides, it’s a good place to let others know about mechanics in other areas. It can get very lonely out there if you’re on a trip on a big Bike and something goes wrong. I know the mechanics in Udon but no where else. Just knowing where the big bike dealers are in other cities might open better possibilities to finding the right bike for you. The forum does have a sale section in it, with individual bikes for sale.

Any way you want to hook up Saturday lets me know on either forum.

Well thanks again to Thaivisa a few posts already, a ride scheduled and a lead on a new mechanic in the area. It all came from Thaivisa psotings, so without thier help I doubt that this would have gotten started, again Thank You

We in Udon have a ride scheduled Saturday the 4th to Nung Bua Lampho, just to meet other riders from that area, and a former redbull racing mechanic. Anyone is welcome we will be leaving from Lutos at 0900.

I finally found out when my beast was made you ready for this 1981 and it's still out touring after a whole lot of work :o

Well thought I was going to Nung Bua Lampho, but it was Non Sang instead. From Udon 2313, only dicey part is the new construction area just before you get to Nung Bua Lampho, but it's not that bad.

Turn left at the red light. 2146 after you make the left in town, that will take you to Non Sang. Great road little traffic nice curves. We made a left on 2109 and saw a sign that said 74 KMS to Khan Kean.

Thats where we met up with new Motorcycle Club, The White Devils just getting started so I think seven member with my joining. Great bunch of guys lots of kidding round and they know bikes.

Ended up at a lake by Non Sang where they were having a celebration with long boat racing. lots of music and just friendly poeple. They guys were standing about and drinking beer in front of one the food stands and the opearator came out moved her bike and sit a mat in the shade for us.

If you get a chance to ride with these guys I think you will have fun

Took the same route back to Udon, a I had some business to take care of.

Actual ride time round trip four hours.

noticed if you just want to get out and about, there is excellent riding in the area.

• 4 weeks later...
Well thought I was going to Nung Bua Lampho, but it was Non Sang instead. From Udon 2313, only dicey part is the new construction area just before you get to Nung Bua Lampho, but it's not that bad.

Turn left at the red light. 2146 after you make the left in town, that will take you to Non Sang. Great road little traffic nice curves. We made a left on 2109 and saw a sign that said 74 KMS to Khan Kean.

Thats where we met up with new Motorcycle Club, The White Devils just getting started so I think seven member with my joining. Great bunch of guys lots of kidding round and they know bikes.

Ended up at a lake by Non Sang where they were having a celebration with long boat racing. lots of music and just friendly poeple. They guys were standing about and drinking beer in front of one the food stands and the opearator came out moved her bike and sit a mat in the shade for us.

If you get a chance to ride with these guys I think you will have fun

Took the same route back to Udon, a I had some business to take care of.

Actual ride time round trip four hours.

noticed if you just want to get out and about, there is excellent riding in the area.

White devils, i am a member, Brett, Dave, kringle and myself started it, good bunch of guys, myself and baldy dave had the patches sewn onto the vests down in pattaya, bike week in feb.

No doubt about it a great bunch of guys, I have enjoyed every encounter I have had with them. You wants some tinkering done on the bike no better place to go, Dave just really enjoys making a bike better.

I can't tell you how happy I am with the bike I picked up from the guys, for the first time in four years I'm really getting to enjoy riding instead of worrying about if I can find mechaninc to work on it when it breaks down.

You would be hard pressed to find a better group to ride with.