Teen driver kills two teachers, injures head monk in Krabi

webfact

Teen driver kills two teachers, injures head monk
Phuket Gazette

kb1.jpeg
The van was hit from behind while preparing to make a u-turn. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

KRABI: -- A 17-year-old was charged with reckless driving causing death after the car he was driving collided with a van, killing two teachers and severely injuring a head monk in Krabi yesterday afternoon.

Three teachers from Kanchanapisek Wittayalai School, as well as Phra Kru Sri Thammawutti, head of Wat Phokha Chuthamas and Lord Abbot of Muang Krabi District Buddhist Monastery, were in a van preparing to make a u-turn when the teen’s Honda Civic hit them from behind, confirmed Lt Col Danaithon Jaisabai of the Khlong Thom Police.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Teen-driver-kills-two-teachers-injures-head/63236?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-02-24

shocking. sad. avoidable. but will anything be done to stop repeated such accidents? no.

if such things were happening in my country i am certain enough people would care enough to do something about it. here, bizarrely, no one does.

Of course you are correct.To some Thais

Losing money or the prospect of,is more important than the loss of life.RIP.

They should start holding the parents responsible. I see 9 year old kids driving motorbikes with 3 younger brothers and sisters without helmets speeding through the sois every day.

The cops don't give a shitake because the kids have no money to pay a fine. My advice: milk the parents instead and confiscate the vehicles for sale and donate the money to victims of accidents caused by these idiots!!!

shocking. sad. avoidable. but will anything be done to stop repeated such accidents? no.

if such things were happening in my country i am certain enough people would care enough to do something about it. here, bizarrely, no one does.

if such things were happening in my country

Yeah, but nobody cares.

if such things were happening in my country

Yeah, but nobody cares.

Of all your words and sentiment, "bizarrely" seems to be the best fit for the situation herein, and Thai ethos in general.... RIP to the victims of a young fools lack of care

I wonder how many more times I will write RIP this week... But then, we do choose to live here, after all

RIP .He should also be charged for being under age as you have to be 18 for a DL.

Maybe even worse and maybe only 16 as many Thais consider their first year as one year old already.

So true they go on Birthday,but I had to explain you have got 21birthdays but you are only 20 years old.Logic no very popular with kids who want licences

Archived