Amtech Water Pattaya

marino28

Good evening everybody

i was looking at a delivery company for buy water , and reading at previous threads here on thai visa many use Amtech.

Today i call them and they tell me that price for 1 bottle is now 50 thb.

Can anybody confirm that?

In the past threads the price other members post was 40 thb, but they are old threads.

Anybody here use Amtech and how much they charge you now?

thank you

p.s anybody also use a water dispenser ? any suggestion ?

thanks for all the replies

sounds like the price is still 40 thb and not 50.

my idea was to buy 2 bottle for time and give him 100 thb anyway... but i don't like when they quote me a price that is not correct

Anybody use a water cooler dispenser? I was thinking to buy one from sharp

• 2 years later...

I would recommend caution when using the local guy delivering Amtech water in Pattaya.  I've been using 4 large (18.9L) bottles from him over the past three years, but I recently decided to switch to another water source, so I no longer have a need for his service.  But when I contacted him to request my bottle deposit (250 Baht/bottle, totaling 1000 Baht), he came up with every excuse in the book to avoid returning my deposit:

- he was upcountry, and unavailable

- he no longer services Jomtien (I happen to live in Jomtien)

- he no longer provides service to condo buildings (I live in a condo building)

- he no longer provides service for Amtech water

This information came gradually, during three conversations over the course of about a week.  Although I speak some Thai, in two of these conversations I had asked a Thai friend to talk to the guy directly in order to be sure there was no misunderstanding on my part.  Today I called him one last time, and when he picked up, he simply asked me where I was located.  I said "Jomtien".  Then he asked me what I wanted delivered.  At this point, I (again) explained that I don't need a delivery, but would like my deposit returned for 4 large bottles, and he hung up on me.

For whatever reason, it's pretty clear at this point that he's not interested in returning my deposit.  I was hoping to get some relief from Amtech itself in Bangkok, but their website doesn't provide any phone numbers, only the possibility of contacting them via email, which I did several days ago.  I have yet to receive a reply.  If anyone happens to have a phone number for Amtech, I would greatly appreciate knowing how to contact them.

For what good it will do me, I still have the original receipt proving the deposit paid.

I figure I've already burned enough time and energy on this.  So at this point, I consider myself to be the proud new owner of 4 large paperweights (see photo below).

If anyone would like specifics, feel free to PM me.

In the meantime, if anyone is interested, I'll be happy to let go of these bottles for 100Baht each.  ????

20181109_134921.jpg

Archived