Fix water tank to wall

mrjohn

I need to find some heavy duty shelving or brackets to attach a water tank to a brick wall (actually more likely breezeblock wall)

I’ve looked around some of my local builders merchants and can’t find anything suitable.

Has anybody any ideas on this?

the size/capacity will determine the basic requirements for your question of course the weight of the tank when filled anything more than say a toilet cistern size will require probably a floor mounted mounted system to be secure and safe thumbsup.gif

This all sounds like good advice, so thank you all.

I was hoping there was some sort of magic wall fixing available (perhaps a skyhook!)

But you’re all correct. I’ve drilled into one of these walls before and they are not very stable.

Getting something knocked up in a welding shop seems like the best idea.

I wouldnt even attempt to fasten it to a wall here, theyre crap and waters heavy

Indeed it is.. 1KG per litre in fact wink.png

Even a small tank of say 500L is half a ton. No way that's getting wall mounted wink.png

A normal sized tank (1200-2000L) would be the equivalent of wall-mounting a car, LOL.

Edited by IMHO

I was hoping there was some sort of magic wall fixing available (perhaps a skyhook!)

But you’re all correct. I’ve drilled into one of these walls before and they are not very stable.

Used to be a favourite joke to send the newbie off to get the "skyhook" when he came back empty handed

tell him to go look again the "skyhook" is next to the "longstand" facepalm.gif

A couple of hours after the above,I was watching a documentary about cold war spies...turns out there is such a thing as a "skyhook"

Basically its a plane that hooks personnel and equipment up and away from behind enemy lines without having to land....see you learn something new everyday !

If you do fasten it to your wall ... could you post the 'commissioning' video please ...