Vincents Seven Rooms And Omyim Lodge

trav3501

Does anyone have any information about these two new small gay hotels. I have emailed seven rooms a couple of times and cannot get a response. The new Omyim Lodge isn't open yet but I thought someone might have heard something about it. Thankyou.

Haven't stayed there but I've passed Vincent's place on Soi Ngam Duplee- it looks nice, new, and clean. Have heard it's very nice inside; however, I've heard they have an awful cook and no one's been kind enough to tell them yet (but that was about 2 months ago- maybe it has changed since then).

Don't know anything about Omyim- where is it?

"Steven"

:o Om Yim has not opened as yet, rooms at 750 baht next to a sky train station, four stories high and no lifts or pool, they also have a restaurant....they have another establishment here in Yanawa/Sathorn, restaurant, cheap and an internet cafe...will be going to the opening of their new place so can give you a report if you wish...Vincents, had one meal there, clean and new, food was edible, but my favourite is a small gay restaurant called O. HO across the road from Malaysia, great atmosphere and a selection of thai and western dishes at very reasonable prices...dont understand why you are not getting a response from Vincents...high season approaching so imagine they would want to market it more efficiently...good luck :D Dukkha..Om Yim is at Chongnon Si BTS, when they open this month, already have lots of bookings apparently, check out OM YIM website may be of help

Does anyone have any information about these two new small gay hotels. I have emailed seven rooms a couple of times and cannot get a response. The new Omyim Lodge isn't open yet but I thought someone might have heard something about it. Thankyou.

I am staying at Vincents right now. I have been here for a week and am staying here for 3 months. I think is quite nice and am very happy here. I think the food here is very good. I have had dinner with a couple of Thai friends that think the food is good as well. Many of the local farong eat here as well. The beds are firm and nice decor. It;s only one block from the metro and one stop to Silom or 40 baht by taxie. As for why Vincent has not gotting back to you may becasue the internet was down for 2 day last week. I know that Vincent was quite upset because he could not answer the emails. but all is good now. If you have not found somewhere else I would try to email again. The internet in my room is good. In the past I have stayed at the Tarntawan Place Hotel and the Pinnacle Hotel and I like this the best. Hope this helps and have a wonderful stay.

I am staying at Vincents right now. I have been here for a week and am staying here for 3 months. I think is quite nice and am very happy here. I think the food here is very good. I have had dinner with a couple of Thai friends that think the food is good as well. Many of the local farong eat here as well. The beds are firm and nice decor. It;s only one block from the metro and one stop to Silom or 40 baht by taxie. As for why Vincent has not gotting back to you may becasue the internet was down for 2 day last week. I know that Vincent was quite upset because he could not answer the emails. but all is good now. If you have not found somewhere else I would try to email again. The internet in my room is good. In the past I have stayed at the Tarntawan Place Hotel and the Pinnacle Hotel and I like this the best. Hope this helps and have a wonderful stay.

Thanks for sharing. Are the rooms big and quiet? Am concerned because Ngam Duphli is quite busy.. not to mention the human traffic in front of the Pinnacle. Any idea if Vincent will charge a joiner fee if I were to bring a farang friend to spend the night with me? We promise not to make too much noise.. :o

:o Om Yim has not opened as yet, rooms at 750 baht next to a sky train station, four stories high and no lifts or pool, they also have a restaurant....they have another establishment here in Yanawa/Sathorn, restaurant, cheap and an internet cafe...will be going to the opening of their new place so can give you a report if you wish...Vincents, had one meal there, clean and new, food was edible, but my favourite is a small gay restaurant called O. HO across the road from Malaysia, great atmosphere and a selection of thai and western dishes at very reasonable prices...dont understand why you are not getting a response from Vincents...high season approaching so imagine they would want to market it more efficiently...good luck :D Dukkha..Om Yim is at Chongnon Si BTS, when they open this month, already have lots of bookings apparently, check out OM YIM website may be of help

O. HO is ok, but much better food and service one block away at Mali which has been a neighbourhood favourite for years. In my opinion Mali has a better selection of food items (both Thai and western) and less greasy also. The service at Mali is far superior to O. HO. And no loitering and smoke blowing in from the front door!

• 2 weeks later...
:D One goes where one is comfortable...its all a matter of personal choice, different strokes for different folks, glad we dont all end up at the same place, would be intolerable :D Dukkha

We'd have to sleep 8 to a bed. Sounds ok to me :o

Do you know what the difference is in the 2 rooms that are priced differently? The website doesn't explain that. The couple of room pics on the site look quite adequate and comfortable - do you know if that is one of the regular rooms that go for 1100bht/night? I've sent a reservation request to them for a few nites in December - just haven't heard back yet other than their auto-reply message.

Gary

Did you find something comparable? Im looking for something in that price range, clean, comfortable, with inernet access, reasonably close to that part of the city and not having any problem having a thai friend staying with me.

sunluvr. I sent seven rooms a couple of emails also and only got an automatic response. I figured that they didn't have time for me and booked elswhere.

http://www.omyimgroup.com/Omyimlodge.html

This place looks very nice and free WiFi!

I wonder if Vincents has sorted out their tv. They had no good English speaking channels only one from India and one from China. If you don't get an e-mail reply why not phone them as there are many cheap ways to do this these days.

I guess both a joiner fee free. I used favour The Pinnacle but they have joiners fees now - 500 baht - though these are applied erratically.

• 11 months later...

i ate there at Omyim Lodge once and saw two COCK ROACHES!!!!!!!!! there on the first floor of the restaurant. i'm not sure i want to stay there ever after that experience.

good luck if you would if it a try. i'm a backpacker, but man, that's gross!!!!!!!!!!!! WATCH OUT!

i ate there at Omyim Lodge once and saw two COCK ROACHES!!!!!!!!! there on the first floor of the restaurant. i'm not sure i want to stay there ever after that experience.

good luck if you would if it a try. i'm a backpacker, but man, that's gross!!!!!!!!!!!! WATCH OUT!

Ate in Om Yim restaurant at Sathorn (near Babylon, Malysia hotel etc) a few nights ago. Consistently good food and excellent value for money.

Don't tell my Thai friends about the roaches; they'll want to catch, deep fry and eat :o . Yummy if well cooked and really crunchy. :D

I have two farang friends, both work upcountry, who have now stayed (separately) several times at OMYIM. Both give excellent reports about every aspect of the place.

Also had two farang friends (one from Aus., one from US) stay at OMYIM, both for about 2 weeks, again excellent reports about every aspect of the place.

Two cockroaches; almost every house / apartment / condo / hotel room / office has cockroaches. And not only in Thailand. My office in Bangkok is in a new building - 6 months old. We have many cockroaches already.

Regards,

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Omyim is very hard to book, seems like its always full even in low season.

Just booked a room in July, well in advance, no problem. Quick reply from the guys overthere.

I have stayed in both places, but I certanly prefere Vincents. The rooms are bigger, at least from the one I had the one time I stayed in Omyim. The one time I ate at Omyim (the guesthouse) I was the only there eating, while there are almost other people at Vincents. But maybe it has something to do with the time I ate at O. About the food it is difficult for me to compare because as I said, I have only been to Omyim one time, but the food at Vicent is exellent. Also I like the Sathorn area more that where Omyom is situated. Well maybe I am infected or crazy, but when I come back from shopping or walking around in noicy, polluted BKK, I almost feel it like Shangri La (not the hotel chain) when I relaxe with a beer in the "garden" behind the restaurant. You can eat out there too, if you prefere.

Just some thoughts, but please keep it a secret. It is already so popular that they did not decrease the roomprice this May, as they normally do. I will be back there in May

Edited by gaymandenmark