Most Beautiful Beach in Chon Buri Provence?

hdkane

Sai Kaew beach in Sattahip . It's a nice and clean, sandy beach . Perfect for a day trip. Only 30 minutes away from Pattaya.

Looks nice. Any relatively easy way to get there via public transportation? I suspect a roundtrip taxi ride would be more than I would prefer to pay, but if my GF is with me I would do it. Going by myself I don't mind taking some time via bus or whatever.

Sai Kaew beach in Sattahip . It's a nice and clean, sandy beach . Perfect for a day trip. Only 30 minutes away from Pattaya.

Looks nice. Any relatively easy way to get there via public transportation? I suspect a roundtrip taxi ride would be more than I would prefer to pay, but if my GF is with me I would do it. Going by myself I don't mind taking some time via bus or whatever.

I think you can take the normal baht bus on Sukhumvit all the way up to Sattahip, (20 baht). But then it's another 5 km to the beach so you need some sort of transportation. Expect to pay 100-200 baht for a private ride . Also there is an entrance fee of 100 baht , opening hours 9 to 6 pm, since this is a private beach owned by the navy base located in this area. But I can promise you it¨s the cleanest beach you will find in this area with crystal clear water so well worth the trip.

except some beaches on islands, I guess the nicest blue beach is Samaesarn near Sattahip

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/12%C2%B036'24.8%22N+100%C2%B056'20.0%22E/@12.6069062,100.93669,1242m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

That link takes you to Ethiopia!!! no beach there??

the forum software messed up the link.

just copy paste into your browser...

generally true KK but we visit Sai Kaew often at weekends (actually the beach about 1km further on from the main car park ) but get there about 0930'ish when it's cooler and quite empty (park car under the pine trees) and depart about lunch time to early p.m. and that's when it really does get busy

A pleasant well organised and very clean 'resort' area

As mentioned above the best beaches are on the outer islands.

Koh Rin - Koh Klung Badan - Koh Man Wichai - - these 3 are not controlled by the Navy. & are really nice , deserted most of the time.

Koh Pai is the biggest and if you land there you may have to pay 100 Baht - if the Navy are around

generally true KK but we visit Sai Kaew often at weekends (actually the beach about 1km further on from the main car park ) but get there about 0930'ish when it's cooler and quite empty (park car under the pine trees) and depart about lunch time to early p.m. and that's when it really does get busy

yes, hat sai kheo is the best choice on weekends, because the free beaches are overrun by the locals.

but there are two problems with hat sai kheo, the first is that the prices go up every year, I can remember when I paid 60 baht, 30 baht for a Thai.

second problem is that the water is not as clear as at hat nang ram or hat samaesarn

otherwise hat sai kheo is damn near perfect, pity about the water.

Edited by manarak

Is this the one where you turn right off Suk a fair way before Sattahip town coming from Pattaya?

Just a follow up to my earlier post....Nang Ram beach is not the same one as Sai Kaew....the latter is in the Navy School, a couple of Klms past Bang Saray (you pay in)....Nang Ram is just 20Baht per car....motorbikes free. in U-Tapao

Nang Ram beach....U-Tapao (I think same as mentioned earlier).

yes that's the one we visit - thanks

And yes you do a U- turn in front of a lone but major hill and then a left to the naval base etc

I think you can take the normal baht bus on Sukhumvit all the way up to Sattahip, (20 baht). But then it's another 5 km to the beach so you need some sort of transportation. Expect to pay 100-200 baht for a private ride . Also there is an entrance fee of 100 baht , opening hours 9 to 6 pm, since this is a private beach owned by the navy base located in this area. But I can promise you it¨s the cleanest beach you will find in this area with crystal clear water so well worth the trip.

It's situated just after Bang Saray which is about 10km's BEFORE Sattahip. Stop at the military golf course and you will have to show a Thai card or your passport to go to the beach. from the Sukkhumvit it would be a long walk about 3km's to the beach.

During weekdays before 6pm private cars cannot go over the hill to the beach so you will have to leave your car at the car park and take a song teow to the beach.

except some beaches on islands, I guess the nicest blue beach is Samaesarn near Sattahip

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/12%C2%B036'24.8%22N+100%C2%B056'20.0%22E/@12.6069062,100.93669,1242m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

That link takes you to Ethiopia!!! no beach there??

It is one big beach isnt it? Not a very nice one though and it is a hell of a walk to the sea

It's situated just after Bang Saray which is about 10km's BEFORE Sattahip. Stop at the military golf course and you will have to show a Thai card or your passport to go to the beach. from the Sukkhumvit it would be a long walk about 3km's to the beach.

During weekdays before 6pm private cars cannot go over the hill to the beach so you will have to leave your car at the car park and take a song teow to the beach.

It's the other way around, you can drive your car all the way to the beach during the weekdays. But on Saturdays and Sundays you need to park your car near the ticket office and take the song teow to the beach. I normally avoid the weekends. Edited by balo

I drove that way on Sunday and Bang Saray council seems to have ripped up all the parking areas that were semi-permanently occupied by food stalls under the trees between the park and the Del Mare condo. So the same stalls (and their barkers) now seem to be working from the area opposite the park near the fixed restaurants, though without their cooking facilities which presumably are now hidden somewhere on the other side of the road.

Edit: I see there are some comments about this here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/893952-has-bang-saray-beach-road-been-cleared-of-food-stalls-and-umbrellas/

Edited by KittenKong

Nice Beach - there are several beaches actually in that area but they do all get packed on Weekends . I can't remember if there are shops there either for drinks etc. We always bring our own .

As mentioned above the best beaches are on the outer islands.

Koh Rin - Koh Klung Badan - Koh Man Wichai - - these 3 are not controlled by the Navy. & are really nice , deserted most of the time.

How do you get across to the islands are there ferries or speed boats available