Leather Knife Roll

Bmouthboyo

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong section but I could not find an ideal place to post this.

I have just come back from Japan and now have a fairly decent knife collection which I would like to start keeping in a leather knife roll. I am not a chef but do enjoy cooking and so will probably end up with about 6 different knives ranging in size up to about 15 inches max.

I would like something a little special and that I can easily take with me when going out in my campervan in the UK, BBQ'ing etc. I find the magnetic bar I am using in my kitchen knocks the blades a lot and I am going to start keeping much sharper edges.

My requirements are:

• Softish leather / Not too bulky rolled up
  • Real leather of some sorts
  • Max of 6 - 8 knife slots (not too many I will never use)
  • Keeps knives fairly secure
  • Will last many years
  • Cost under 7000 TBH

I have found a number on eEsy but due to the Thailand Duty on importing leather goods (30%) and the VAT on the product and shipping! it adds a fair wack. The sellers are reluctant to send as a gift or state just the material costs also, so I am looking if I can either buy here in Thailand or have one custom made.

Can this be purchased in Thailand already made? Or failing that can anyone recommend / suggest a leather worker in Bangkok who could recreate something similar to the images I posted below. And if so how much I would be looking at for it?

tumblr_momcom8mQD1qzde0wo1_500_zps2lwrhq

il_570xN.919290806_gnsm_zpspdjg34q8.jpg

il_340x270.791688586_3n79_zps7mksf0nd.jp

town-cutler-canvas-and-leather-knife-rol

il_340x270.506228365_81v8_zpsxta944mw.jp

hqdefault_zpsf3jtzjwt.jpg

Cheers.