Manicure/pedicure

blubythebay

Ladies in Chiang Mai, this is probably directed to you.

Any recommendations for a great manicure and pedicure. I don't need anything fancy, just a straight manicure/pedicure.

Thanking you in advance.

Most hairdressing and beauty treatment salons and massage places give manicures and pedicures. Price is not necessarily a guide to quality. I don't use these services often now, so don't have a "favourite".

Some of the busier and more expensive places will have one woman do the manicure while another does the pedicure. Often, one will be thorough and the other disinterested, so that you get a good pedicure and a so-so manicure or vv. I would suggest you check a number of places where you can watch procedings through the window before you decide where to go.

If you decide on a very busy place I would be quite careful about hygiene. I have noticed that some places do not clean clippers, files and picks between customers, which could potentially spread infections, especially skin conditions. Go for the place where you see the equipment being cleaned, or fresh equipment being used.

Edited by fruittbatt

Nice Nails has a very good reputation. Two locations, one on Huay Kaew Rd 053-225688 and the other is on Chang Klan Road 053-820099.

Another small local shop that I have gone to is Beauty Salon and Nails Kochasarn Road, Soi 5

053-206492.