New Drive In Motel, Soi Bongkot

fat boy slim

Last bank holiday weekend saw thousand of Thais coming down from Bangkok for a good pissup.

My friend has got a guest house on Soi Bongkot. It has now turned into a drive-in motel.

At about 9.30pm a Thai driver came screeching round the corner and smashed straight into his restaurant. Luckily the restaurant was closed and nobody was there. ( see attached photos)

The best laugh is that the police came at 10.00pm when the accident happened to see the damage and to interview the totally paralytic Thai driver. After taking his picture and a picture of his ID card, they then said they were too busy and left the scene after two hours, leaving the driver slumped over the bonnet.

It was then left up to my friend and his wife to bundle the driver into their car and drive him to the police station in Soi nine. Only after complaining for half an hour did they then decide to give him a breath test , which was very difficult as he was asleep in the corner of the police station.

Only in Thailand

post-31423-1161826505_thumb.jpg

post-31423-1161826541_thumb.jpg

Laugh? I think it's scary!! I often see people who can hardly stand up drive around in Pattaya, nobody seems to care. Scary!

I often see characters that are obviously unfit to drive on motorcycles or driving cars in Pattaya, the ammount of Farangs that do this surprises me.

Considering the possible consequences if involved in a bad accident whilst drunk and driving, many Farangs still do it. :o

Crazy.