CM to Vientiane visa run; whats the best way?

I would like to get in/out as quickly as possible, is there a flight that would let me apply the same day of arrival, or leave the day I pick up a tourist visa? Otherwise, fly to Udon Thani and take a bus? Nok air has a "fly and ride" option but no flights at any time...

Most would say fly to Udon Thani (only about half an hour from the bridge at Nong Khai). There is no need for a fly-ride service. You can get transport between Udon airport and the bridge, and between the bridge and Vientiane. Unfortunately, there is no early morning flight from CNX to UTH, so you must overnight in Udon, Nong Khai or Vientiane and apply the next morning. It is just about possible to make the return flight the day you receive your visa.

Nok Air apparently no longer does the fly/ride service.

They have a flight that would arrive to late to apply on the same day that arrives in Udon Thani at 17:15 that would allow you get to Vientiane that day by taking a van from the airport to the bridge.

The return flight at flight at 17:45 would be late enough to picup your passport and make the flight.

Go to ChiangKong early morning,cross the border and fly from HuaiXai to VienTian,after you get visa fly back through Bangkok.

Cheers!

Interesting suggestion but I find no Lao airways flights from Huay Xai.

Go to ChiangKong early morning,cross the border and fly from HuaiXai to VienTian,after you get visa fly back through Bangkok.

Cheers!

Not easy unless you are in the know ...

http://www.laoskyway.com/ from Huoeisay

Okay but it arrives to late to apply for an extension on the same day. http://www.laoskyway.com/general/Schedule

Will add that airline to my list.

Cheers!

It would be a lot more hassle, more unsafe and more money, and probably more time. just my two cents.

Edited by Lee4Life

Nok Air to Udon, Airport Van from Udon to Friendship bridge, cross border, take tuktuk,van or taxi to Vientiane. (will be too late for the bus and maybe even for a tuktuk)

Reverse order for return, except the only van running directly to the Udon airport from NongKhai leaves from a tour company (Udorn Kaew) next to MegaHome in NongKhai and usually needs to be reserved ahead.

There are vans that leave from in front of the 7-eleven at the Thai side of the border but they go to the main bus station at Udon, although I have heard reports of them running people out to the airport after the bus station drop off. If they stop at the bus station you will need to get a tuktuk or taxi out to the airport. There are taxis in front of the 7-eleven that do the trip for 900b.

The other option on the return (if you have time) is to take the Vientiane/Udon International bus and then get local transport from the Udon bus station out to the airport.