Phone Keeps Disconnecting

paulfr

I love my new/3 month old Samsung D820.

Very slim, great photos and video w sound and mp3 player with 1 gig microSD card memory.

But lately it disconnects when I recieve a call and today it did it when I made a call myself.

I would hate to think I have a damaged device but some have suggested ..

1/ Network overloaded is the cause

2/ It is a weak signal situation

It does not happen all the time, but I have not noticed any correlated data like time of day or my location at time of call.

I am with DTAC

SMS always seems to get thru.

Anyone having a similar problem ?

Long shot ... but anyone have a D820 with no problems ?

Thanks

Might take your battery and sim card out and put them back in incase they are not mating well enough. Also check your signal strength (don't know your model but should be a bar on the display), perhaps the internal antenna is having a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paulfr,

I also have a Samsung phone but a SGH-E70, I have been happy with the phone but on at least 5 occasions over the last few months my phone has turned itself off a few seconds into a conversation. It has not be consistent in anyway as either I have made calls or people have called me and it normally happens a few times in a row and then goes back to normal. I also use DTAC but never had this problem with my other phones on DTAC. The phone is under warranty but as t is not a consistent problem I do not hold out much hope that they can fix it. I have been wondering if this is a battery fault but it could easily be a problem with Samsung phones. Has anyone else had this problem with Samsung phones? -the phone is less than 6 months old.

Thanks,

Luke

Many times the calls were to people quite a distance away. But yesterday I was calling someone at Siam Paragon while I was on the ground floor there and she turned off again.

Most of the time the phone is reliable, but never knowing when I will have the call interupted is very annoying.

Anyone else with such a problem ??