setv in hcmc

I have done it. Nice quiet consulate, with some conditions to issue SETV. They require confirmed flights into and out of Thailand. As an alternative to the tickets, I understand they will accept bank statements (not sure how much money they want to see in there).

I did it in HCMC last October. The application is made in the morning, and the passport with visa collected the following afternoon. I have spoken to someone who did it late January and the process appears unchanged.

I am in HCM now, got yesterday my SETV without any problems. Had copies flight in and out of Thailand. Officer lady checks pasport for prior visa stamps. My pasport has 3 SETV from different countries and a couple of 30 day stamps all inbetween last 2 years. Payed 40$, get visa next day, no queue. done easy.

thanks for the info 666 i have about 10 tourist visas in my passport a couple of triples a few doubles and a few and a bit singles ,,but i have never gone to hcmc for a tourist visa anyway hope they like me have funds and flights so thinking it will be ok cheers

i didnt need to provide any funds no cash or bank statement needed. I also have more Thai visas but i luckily in possesion of 2 pasports, so i switch them. good luck for your visa, if you are a good walker u can walk in 20 minutes from district 1 to the embassy. And please make a copy of your pasport the officer lady want this from me.

thanks for the info 666 i have about 10 tourist visas in my passport a couple of triples a few doubles and a few and a bit singles ,,but i have never gone to hcmc for a tourist visa anyway hope they like me have funds and flights so thinking it will be ok cheers

OP if you forget something you can walk across road to travel agent and they can print stuff for you. Way back I did not take airline print out. Ran across road. Forwarded my email re tickets to them and they printed it out. Had to insist that they a accept what was about 50 baht. They wanted nothing