Lawyer

stevo

any recomendations for one, who speaks english well..

I really just have a single question for a pro in the field.

thanks

I use a lawer called 'Kowit' at central law office. If you come out of the front of Carrefour ,cross the road app 100 meters on the left is his office. [ENGLISH WRITING ON THE DOOR]

His english is excellent .

any recomendations for one, who speaks english well..

I really just have a single question for a pro in the field.

thanks

I use a lawer called 'Kowit' at central law office. If you come out of the front of Carrefour ,cross the road app 100 meters on the left is his office. [ENGLISH WRITING ON THE DOOR]

His english is excellent .

walk towards third road.

Edited by 4.real

Contact Terry ,He works out of a law office opposite Tony's Gym,a great guy,he is english but speaks thai .I don't know if the advice will be free ,this is what he does professionally,so u need to check.Regards

Contacting a farang is completely useless as they are not allowed to represent you. What ends up happening is the farang in question will tell you he is a legal 'advisor' or 'consultant' who has thai lawyers working for him. The obvious problem is that it turns into a game of chinese whispers. The farang tells the thai your problem which they never understand fully, and being thai they will of course never admit they dont understand, the end result being some garbled interpretation of what your original problem was.

The only decent lawyer in Thailand is 'Witchai', the name wont mean anything to the majority of beer guzzling, ignorant farang on this forum but in Bangkok its the only person the high so call in times of trouble. However he charges western prices.

PM me if you want his details

n

Contact Terry ,He works out of a law office opposite Tony's Gym,a great guy,he is english but speaks thai .I don't know if the advice will be free ,this is what he does professionally,so u need to check.Regards

Contacting a farang is completely useless as they are not allowed to represent you. What ends up happening is the farang in question will tell you he is a legal 'advisor' or 'consultant' who has thai lawyers working for him. The obvious problem is that it turns into a game of chinese whispers. The farang tells the thai your problem which they never understand fully, and being thai they will of course never admit they dont understand, the end result being some garbled interpretation of what your original problem was.

The only decent lawyer in Thailand is 'Witchai', the name wont mean anything to the majority of beer guzzling, ignorant farang on this forum but in Bangkok its the only person the high so call in times of trouble. However he charges western prices.

PM me if you want his details

PM me if you want his details Yes!Please do from a beer guzzling ,Hic! ignonrantt whatsisname furong.

• 2 months later...

anyone had experience in legally taking on the condominium committee

Our committee is so entrenched after 15 years of eating from the trough that they no longer listen to any suggestions of co owners

the maintenance fees are spent in a manner that is first decided on how much can i skim off the top and so nothing gets done

In short we want to boot out the committee and make it more transparent and legal so that people (may) be willing to pay their fees to get the place looking good.

Can anyone offer advise on the sinking fund? should it appear anywhere on the books? should there be some accumulated interest declared on it? can we borrow against it to do the work and then pay it back via monthly maintence fees?

Anyone know a reputable lawyer?

thanks

regards

Our committee is so entrenched after 15 years of eating from the trough that they no longer listen to any suggestions of co owners

the maintenance fees are spent in a manner that is first decided on how much can i skim off the top and so nothing gets done

In short we want to boot out the committee and make it more transparent and legal so that people (may) be willing to pay their fees to get the place looking good.

Can anyone offer advise on the sinking fund? should it appear anywhere on the books? should there be some accumulated interest declared on it? can we borrow against it to do the work and then pay it back via monthly maintence fees?

thanks

regards

Please see topic "Legally taking on a Condo Committee" All the best.

North Pattaya, on 3rd Rd. between "The Cottage" nite club and the driving range on the beach side of the road (Cross from a "Quet-Diao" (sp?) restaurant and in between a "Detox Clinic" and a "Dance Studio" around soi 5 or 6..., less than a kilo south of Pattaya Nua.

(Really wish I remembered his name)...he is Thai but has spent 20 some odd years in the U.S., Chicago and speaks great English, saved my friend a mint on his company formation and house purchase and recently performed a Notary for me for a great rate. Really good service, nice fellow and professional staff.

Hope it helps someone.

thanks

regards

Please see topic "Legally taking on a Condo Committee" All the best.

hello and thanks

i did a search on Legally taking on a Condo Committee and cannot find anything

can you send the links please

thanks

Through the years (35 +) I have had occasion to deal with, consult and engage a number of Thai lawyers, both in Bangkok and here in Pattaya.

Now, you're welcome to shoot me down in flames, but in my humble opinion, I have never met, and don't believe there exists, a Thai lawyer with the same level of integrity, honesty and professionalism as their equivalents in the UK.

That's not to say there's not charlatans in the UK, but there are very strong penalties and fearsome regulatioins controlling lawyers behaviour in England, whereas in Thailand, whatever rules that do exist are habitually disregarded at the slightest opportunity for self gain.

That's also not to say there aren't any Thai lawyers out there with integrity, but I've yet to find one, and I can assure you that honest Thai lawyers are very thin on the ground.

I could go on forever, but just take nthe case of lawyers involved in setting up companies, nominee shareholders and in the conveyancing of land for foreigners. That would take out maybe 95% of Pattaya based Thai lawyers right there.

So what's the choice? Well, while I accept the Mask's point about using a farang lawyer and Chinese whispers, but I would contend that if you go to a reputable international law firm in Bangkok, and brief a farang on your legal problems, then it is unlikely that you will be cheated, misled or given bad advice. Any lawyer based in Pattaya is likely to assess which master will serve him best - or maybe both, if you are taking on a local.

Expensive? Yes. But at least it will be money well spent and you can sleep easy, not having to worry if your Pattaya lawyer is going to make money on both sides of the fence.

In a similar way I go to Bangkok for all my medical treatment. Pattaya is not a good place to find Thai professionals with integrity.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

• 3 weeks later...
So what's the choice? Well, while I accept the Mask's point about using a farang lawyer and Chinese whispers, but I would contend that if you go to a reputable international law firm in Bangkok, and brief a farang on your legal problems, then it is unlikely that you will be cheated, misled or given bad advice.

Any lawyer based in Pattaya is likely to assess which master will serve him best - or maybe both, if you are taking on a local.

Expensive? Yes. But at least it will be money well spent and you can sleep easy, not having to worry if your Pattaya lawyer is going to make money on both sides of the fence.

Agreed - the only time I've been happy with my representation in LOS was when using Baker McKensie (sp??)