KTM Spares

cxxis

Hi everyone, does any of you know where one can find a fair stag of KTM original/aftermarket spares?

It seems there are loads of shops selling bikes but no one (where I have been so far) stockes spares.

Even things like oil, air, fuel filters.

I live in Luang Prabang Lao PDR and recently (Feb 27th) a dealer opened in Vientiane but no spares whatsoever in stock and quoted delivery times up to 2 months?

I'll be in Bangkok next Monday and on Phuket on Tuesday.

Anyone knows of anywhere in either place where I could purchase an air- and fuel filter for a Duke 200?

A dealer that doesn't have filters.... how can they perform the service?

they dont, 55555

my friend has a KTM RC390 and has lost 1 of his keys

i tried both KTM dealers in pattaya and asked to order a blank key.... they look at us like we have 9 heads and asking for some mythical creature.... "no have meester, no have"

"ok, you dont have spare key, can you order one for me?"

"cannot"

"so how can i get a new key?"

"mai roo" *shrug*

"what happen if your customer buy new motorcycle and lose both his key, how you fix for him?"

"mai roo, not happen yet"

"call the main office in bangkok and ask what do do"

"oh, good idea, wait 1 minute please"

15 mins later

"bangkok say key not have chip, anyone can make copy for you"

"yes i know, but the bike is a new model and the local key shops do not have a matching blank key to cut in the first place.... KTM has blank keys, i want to order one from you"

"sorry meester, mai roo"

lol.... have to order one in europe or something and have them mail it to thailand

The joys of owning an 'exotic' bike.

despite the face-palm level of service for KTM in thailand....i still might buy one.... the price has come way down, it looks great, its fun to ride, its super lightweight, and its more unique than its competition (R3 and Ninja300).... the only downside is the terrible sound that thumper makes, yuck.

oh the seat is horrible too, but they have an ergo seat from KTM already that is supposedly much better.

• 3 months later...

Currently they pump out a lot of KTM into the Thai market. But I guess that it is all about business and turnover and less commitment to biking.

Why?

• Because ordering KTM Power Parts takes 3 months + (and are still not delivered in full) by Pattaya dealer Mition. Unfortunately at BKK importer Burnt Rubber not much better.
  • KTM Service at Mition is not operational, neither equipment, nor staff, nor usables.
  • Mition did not accept to order KTM Power Wear (functional clothing), despite stock in BKK available.

How to deal with this annoyance as the bikes are fantastic?

KTM is very respected among the off road / enduro community. They have their own network, less commercial but well trained and committed mechanics. Check it out ...

You should write to KTM Austria of these problems.

Maybe they care that their dealers are doing a bad job and you are rightfully letting others know.

I love those small Dukes but now know to never buy one.

Went to the KTM showroom in Pattaya yester.

Just looking.

They had a bunch of 200 and 250 road bikes and some bigger road bikes,

but not a nobbie tire to be seen.

Dirt bikes are not popular in this area.

Anyway really nice show room, kickaz air con, a cute sales gal.wub.png

papa started to ask her about ordering spare parts and

she did that

deer-in-the-headline respsonse.

unsure.pngermm.gifsick.gif

Bikes looked well put together.

Prices were not posted and papa dint ask.

Unless KTM offered some kind of parts-online,

express-ship-anywhere service,

papa would never consider one.

Nien!

Is the bike still on warranty ? If not, any independant dealer worth anything would set you up with any spares you need. With air freight the most remote places are only a couple of days away. Don't know how Laos customs works for duty, but the problem is not insurmountable, Find a dealer, order the parts, on the bird, zoom, VTE soon. 2 months is horse manure. Lived in many remote places, a good dealer is worth their weight in gold. No matter where he is located.

Edited by canthai55