Source a older model

Ks45672

I'm in need of a scooter and don't like the current models too much

I would love a good yamaha NOUVO-Elegance 135cc carburettor but they are probably a tad old to find a low km one in good health.... So if I can't find that my next choice is a nouvo sx

Is there any 2nd hand dealers in bkk where I might get one or is searching the classifieds online the best bet?

Just an aside ks , The nouvo sx would have to be the worst scooter in the history of Yamaha.

Get yourself an elegance or a Mio 125 carb model.

Our company got rid of all our nouvos thru constant battery and final drive problems.

The clicks wear out auto parts too.

The most reliable , hassle free performers have all been Mio 125s.

Just an aside ks , The nouvo sx would have to be the worst scooter in the history of Yamaha.

Get yourself an elegance or a Mio 125 carb model.

Our company got rid of all our nouvos thru constant battery and final drive problems.

The clicks wear out auto parts too.

The most reliable , hassle free performers have all been Mio 125s.

I would have to disagree on that one

The nouvo has bigger diameter wheels, double suspension on the back and a stronger frame

It's leagues better then the click on the mio

Especially for a farang+ passenger who is heavier than the average Thai rider ....

I also prefer the 135cc carburettor too though...:)

It's a better bike on paper than the Mio. Mechanically the nouvo elegance is not the same bike as the nouvo sx , its not only a larger engine by 25cc. It's a heavier built final drive which the Mio 125 inherits. The sx and elegance rear wheels are not interchangeable. The spline on both the 125 Mio and the elegance is larger than the sx. The sx final drive howls and whistles like a dog kicked in the nuts. This and the vastly insubstantial charging circuit are the nouvo mxs downfall.

It's a better bike on paper than the Mio. Mechanically the nouvo elegance is not the same bike as the nouvo sx , its not only a larger engine by 25cc. It's a heavier built final drive which the Mio 125 inherits. The sx and elegance rear wheels are not interchangeable. The spline on both the 125 Mio and the elegance is larger than the sx. The sx final drive howls and whistles like a dog kicked in the nuts. This and the vastly insubstantial charging circuit are the nouvo mxs downfall.

1. thinking the YNE is ~135cc; the YNSX ~125cc for a 10cc diff not 25.

2. good to know about the wheels [lack of] interchangeability.

3. never noticed the canine/gonad noise on my SX; all quiet.

4. you must be referring to the obsolescent air-cooled Nouvo MX [110cc] charging circuit?

Nouvo MX 2002 - 2008 air cooled 115cc engine. We are talking older models as in the OP ?

This bike has charging and final drive problems. We had 8 of them and after 4 years of rentals we/I got sick of repairing the final drive and replacing batteries. Customers would complain of the whining final drive and rightly so. The only reason the bearings never failed was due to my digilant servicing.

Post 2008 the nouvo elegance arrived. Water cooled 135 cc engine with revised / beefed up final drive and the alternator dramas solved. New mxs may be 125cc I have no idea. I thought the OP was on older models.

We rent 7 Mio 125 water cooled both the carb 2010 -12 models and the FI models.

I have never had a single failure in 5 and a half years of rentals. Never needed a tappet adjustment , belt or anything replaced other than spark plugs at 30,000k and oil Ch every 3 months , brake fluid and coolant changes every 12 months.

All our click 125 FI from 2012 onwards get snatchy and rough from the transmission after 9- 12 months rents and need a service 1,200b.

Been renting scooters since 2007. Mio 125cc the best bikes we have ever had so I'm happy to recommend them.

Nouvo MX 2002 - 2008 air cooled 115cc engine. We are talking older models as in the OP ?

This bike has charging and final drive problems. We had 8 of them and after 4 years of rentals we/I got sick of repairing the final drive and replacing batteries. Customers would complain of the whining final drive and rightly so. The only reason the bearings never failed was due to my digilant servicing.

Post 2008 the nouvo elegance arrived. Water cooled 135 cc engine with revised / beefed up final drive and the alternator dramas solved. New mxs may be 125cc I have no idea. I thought the OP was on older models.

We rent 7 Mio 125 water cooled both the carb 2010 -12 models and the FI models.

I have never had a single failure in 5 and a half years of rentals. Never needed a tappet adjustment , belt or anything replaced other than spark plugs at 30,000k and oil Ch every 3 months , brake fluid and coolant changes every 12 months.

All our click 125 FI from 2012 onwards get snatchy and rough from the transmission after 9- 12 months rents and need a service 1,200b.

Been renting scooters since 2007. Mio 125cc the best bikes we have ever had so I'm happy to recommend them.

Honestly papa has never heard of a nouvo mxs, until your 2 posts above [5,7], DELETED

Archived