English Language Scout Troops in Thailand

I was wondering if there are any English language scout troops in the country at international or bilingual schools? Our international school would like to start an English language group but not sure if we can do it under the National Scout Organization of Thailand. Before I contact NSOT, was wondering if this had ever been done before?

I can's answer your question directly. The Boy Scouts of America has a Far East Council headquartered in Tokyo that serves the family's of American Troups in the far east. I know there have been troups in Japan and the Philippines and several other small areas. There may have been an American Scout troup in Bangkok years ago. Hope someone else has more information about International schools in Thailand. Good Luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm an EP teacher at a well known albeit not international school.

I've thought for a few years now what a great idea it would be to start a Bangkok international scout troop in English.

I was a scout in a rockin troop and to this day still camp. My wife and I have camped most of the best NPs in US and I/we hold a number of records camping in the Thai Andaman. I know the rangers and staff on a few of the prettiest islands.

I think it's a great idea. I wish I was teaching at a school that was interested in taking the boys (and girls?) on adventures and camping.

Thai boys need to get away from the video games and out of the AC.

It'd be good to see it done properly here, from what I've seen it's just parade and holding a red twig practice. One of our teachers died of heatstroke in the Advanced Training thing that they have to do.... nobody recognized the symptoms, by the time they got him to the hospital he was beyond help. You'd think that recognizing heatstroke would be basic training... anyway ...... the red twig holding is going well

Sent from my twisted mind using Thaivisa Connect

Archived