Russian tourist stabbed during road rage attack in Pattaya

webfact

I see we have taken sides already..........be interesting to see how this pans out; it has all the right ingredients, Russians, driving in Thailand, Thai people's temperament, the health industry and the RTP....a perfect topic!

Yes, taken the side of the law. The Thai guy slashed the Russian guy across the stomach, what more needs to be said. Local onlookers detained the person they saw as the guilty party until the police arrived.

What do you expect people to think?

The Thai guy is guilty of course, the Russian guy is the victim. It doesn't matter what the argument was about, all bets are off when the Thai guy pulled a knife and attacked the Russian, assault with intent. A few years behind bars seems appropriate.

What if, the Russian was looking to buy a knife; the Thai guy was showing the Russian his knife; when the drunken Russian stumbled into the knife.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another man on the bike managed to escape before police arrived.---OP

I feel sure that the police will never catch this man----The Thai person they have in cusdorty would never divulge his best friends name, ..................even if water boarded ............coffee1.gif

Edited by oxo1947

The slasher won't go to jail.

He wasn't trying to rob the bloke. The incident was started by the Russian.

The Thai went overboard in his reaction, but perhaps felt that the Russians bad driving was going to kill him.

The cops will see it as a incidence caused by the Russian being in Thailand.

So the punishment will be light.

I am not saying I totally agree with it. But I do understand the logic. And that is how it is especially in Pattaya where the locals put up with heaps of krap from drunken tourists. I know some here will nit pick this post because it goes against what they think is fair.

I am not claiming it is fair, I am saying it is just the way it is.

The Thais are reluctant to punish Thais for incidents they see as started/caused by a foreigner being in Thailand.

In Vietnam this offence would be four years plus gaol for the cutter. No discuusion about who is right or wrong in the argument. People need to look at safer places to live.

http://www.thanhniennews.com/society/vietnamese-man-jailed-for-robbing-british-tourist-60170.html

At least Vietnam make an effort unlike Thailand.

The slasher won't go to jail.

He wasn't trying to rob the bloke. The incident was started by the Russian.

The Thai went overboard in his reaction, but perhaps felt that the Russians bad driving was going to kill him.

The cops will see it as a incidence caused by the Russian being in Thailand.

So the punishment will be light.

I am not saying I totally agree with it. But I do understand the logic. And that is how it is especially in Pattaya where the locals put up with heaps of krap from drunken tourists. I know some here will nit pick this post because it goes against what they think is fair.

I am not claiming it is fair, I am saying it is just the way it is.

The Thais are reluctant to punish Thais for incidents they see as started/caused by a foreigner being in Thailand.

perhaps felt that the Russians bad driving was going to kill him." - how do you know he wasn't trying to kill him....he may have swerved on purpose.

In Vietnam this offence would be four years plus gaol for the cutter. No discuusion about who is right or wrong in the argument. People need to look at safer places to live.

http://www.thanhniennews.com/society/vietnamese-man-jailed-for-robbing-british-tourist-60170.html

I suppose you have noticed this isn't vietnam, nor a robbery nor was there a knife, a car, a similar intent in fact an incident with anything in common to the one you allude to? What on earth do you see the two incidents have in common???

Edited by cumgranosalum

Keith Richards claims he always carried a knife, but he says they should never be pulled out. And if they are pulled out they are best used to scare off a guy.

Lastly, if you have to use a knife, best to slice above the eyebrows on the forehead, not deep or dangerous and the blood flows and blinds the guy. He claimed he learned this trick in his autobiography Life, which is a fun read.

The only nasty violence I saw in HCM recently was a motorcycle cop chasing a scooterist who broke the traffic law, riding up alongside him and literally kicking him off his scooter at about 30kph. Big effort towards advance law enforcement methods indeed.

About the only sure thing here is that the Russians were riding badly and caused the problem as per usual. Does not excuse the knife, but he does not look like a little pussy wussy old man to me and probably scared the Thai guy into a nasty reaction.

You need to live in Pattaya to understand why nothing much will happen to him and I feel safer in Pattaya than HCM.

As to the fine, if I had to bet on it, I'd say B1000. But probably he will get off with B500. That's enough for a violent predator with a deadly weapon who is not shy to use it, isn't it?

Surely the police will lock him up though! No? Guaranf#%kingtee they won't lock him up. They don't care if we are alive or dead; more falang will come.

The only nasty violence I saw in HCM recently was a motorcycle cop chasing a scooterist who broke the traffic law, riding up alongside him and literally kicking him off his scooter at about 30kph. Big effort towards advance law enforcement methods indeed.

About the only sure thing here is that the Russians were riding badly and caused the problem as per usual. Does not excuse the knife, but he does not look like a little pussy wussy old man to me and probably scared the Thai guy into a nasty reaction.

You need to live in Pattaya to understand why nothing much will happen to him and I feel safer in Pattaya than HCM.

darn it, I forgot to add "I was just saying" sorry to disappoint.

sanction on thailand! what is happening in Thailand there is awful and without control!!

under junta they do what they want and kill tourist!

Im just think on this video where local thai crazy hooker head kicked in a wounded Canadian at the putta ya police station. detestable nation is thailand "people" ..

Cambodian call them crazy **** ******** for money .

The last two years I changed my mind on Thailand and the people there. are a dangerous psycho. I hope that they get a sanction.

clap2.gifthumbsup.gif YOU are lose face ***** *****

I noticed in the video the policeman was holding the knife bare handed. That means the evidence is contaminated and cannot be used as admissible evidence in a court of law, so it boils down to one word against the other may be including witness statements as in fact this should be an attempted murder case.

I noticed in the video the policeman was holding the knife bare handed. That means the evidence is contaminated and cannot be used as admissible evidence in a court of law, so it boils down to one word against the other may be including witness statements as in fact this should be an attempted murder case.

I think we've found the lawyer!

What does "he was cut up on a motorbike" mean?

it means that whoever wrote the article is in dire need of understanding the english language! don't know how you could "cut" up a motorcycle!

If you are having trouble with language - and the seems to be several who are - why not google "cut up" - it's a well-established phrasal verb

Edited by cumgranosalum

it means that whoever wrote the article is in dire need of understanding the english language! don't know how you could "cut" up a motorcycle!

If you are having trouble with language - and the seems to be several who are - why not google "cut up" - it's a well-established phrasal verb

Why not Google "irony" its also a well established concept.......................as clearly established by BrainLife.

This is an angry World we now live in. Road rage is everywhere. It exemplifies the rage people have over their lives not going the way they need or want. It is not a good sign. I experienced it when I lived in Los Angeles and now in Thailand. The best way to handle is to not reciprocate and leave as quickly as possible. Too many people packing guns and knives. I say live and let live- not everyone agrees.

I see we have taken sides already..........be interesting to see how this pans out; it has all the right ingredients, Russians, driving in Thailand, Thai people's temperament, the health industry and the RTP....a perfect topic!

Yes, taken the side of the law. The Thai guy slashed the Russian guy across the stomach, what more needs to be said. Local onlookers detained the person they saw as the guilty party until the police arrived.

What do you expect people to think?

The Thai guy is guilty of course, the Russian guy is the victim. It doesn't matter what the argument was about, all bets are off when the Thai guy pulled a knife and attacked the Russian, assault with intent. A few years behind bars seems appropriate.

What if, the Russian was looking to buy a knife; the Thai guy was showing the Russian his knife; when the drunken Russian stumbled into the knife.

I assume tongue in cheek comment, at least I hope so...

Why not Google "irony" its also a well established concept.......................as clearly established by BrainLife.

Oh please gentleman, "cut up" simply means that the Russian was accused of pulling out across the path of the Thai motorbike causing him to break, simple.

Thais being the best natural drivers in the world tourists should know better than to do any bad things to them on the roads or you might end up dead due to their attempt at training foreigners how to drive in a correct safe and polite manner like all Thai drivers. And as for the slasher time he had a job as a taxi driver in Bangkok to show off his talents as a driver in polite society not just his 100Baht fine.

Did the Russians have driving licenses?, probably not.

One law that should be changed is allowing tourists to rent cars with out a proper international driving license.( proper means one that was issued in there home country, as any others would be fake)

Did the Russians have driving licenses?, probably not.

One law that should be changed is allowing tourists to rent cars with out a proper international driving license.( proper means one that was issued in there home country, as any others would be fake)

Not sure what your saying here.

What law should be changed ?

Are you sure about international driving license ?

or did you mean something else ?

Also, its the locals that need the training and correct paper work.

Edited by onemorechang

pattaya is a mecca of low lives. some thai, some non thai.

imo the thais tried to claim damaged bike and try to get money from the tourists.

once sitting in my car in the parking area of an upscale usa supermarket a car pulled into the spot next to me.

then the guy inside the car started telling me my car damaged his car LOL

quickly realized the elevator wasnt reaching the top floor, perhaps alcohol, or drugs or both.

i asked him if he wants money for the damages and he said yes.

next i told him i will summon the police so they can provide an official report for the claim as to maximize the payment.

at that point he changed his mind about pursuing it further.

me thinks he might already be a member of the police frequent flyer program

No wonder police in the usa have short tempers; imagine dealing with drivel like this daily?