Switching from Non-B to Non-O (same teaching job)

krung

Hi, I am currently teaching on my third waiver that expires in December this year. As I am married can I switch visas(B to O) and keep the same job, showing this as my 40,000 baht income. The problem I see arsing is with krusapa, who issue the waivers. If anyone has had any experience with this or any knowledge I would be most grateful, thanks..

Hi, I am currently teaching on my third waiver that expires in December this year. As I am married can I switch visas(B to O) and keep the same job, showing this as my 40,000 baht income. The problem I see arsing is with krusapa, who issue the waivers. If anyone has had any experience with this or any knowledge I would be most grateful, thanks..

I don't see a problem with that as I did the same thing a couple years ago. But, why bother changing your visa? You will need a lot more documents for the Marraige visa

Since krusapa will not give a 4th waiver, does this not make my visa invaild? Or do they give waivers by marriage alone. A colleague was refused a waiver a number of years ago, and the women in krusapa (jokingly or truthfully) said why don't you marry a Thai girl. Been searching on internet and have found little information. Cheers

Some people switch to a non-O visa and then work without a Work Permit.

They might but they would be working illegally !

I don't think you are even allowed to work on a Type 0 VISA, retirement or marriage. However, as mentioned, it the school likes you they could get another two year waiver with the right person making the call and the right person on the other end of the line receiving said call. Crawling up that chain can be very delicate but once you reach the top, no worries. Excuses you couldn't even think of will crash down on you along the way but persevere an you might succeed. As I've reminded members here before, everything is based on how much they like you and their mood at that particular moment. The schools will run off their best teachers or do everything needed to keep them. You never know. You don't have a career BTW, it's year to year and a "pain in the arse" at some learning centers. That's why Filipino's are preferred, no questions, no threat to the "status quo" as Westerners often cause.

Since krusapa will not give a 4th waiver, does this not make my visa invaild? Or do they give waivers by marriage alone. A colleague was refused a waiver a number of years ago, and the women in krusapa (jokingly or truthfully) said why don't you marry a Thai girl. Been searching on internet and have found little information. Cheers

Being married or having a Marraige Visa will not help you or make a difference to krusapa. They don't care or even look at that.

Thanks for the replies. Seems like a catch-22 situation. I can have a job in thailand on over 40,000 baht per month, but cannot do that job as krusapa won't allow me (when my 3rd waiver runs out). I understand it is my fault and they are just following the rules and many are in the same boat as me. Could go another route and get a passport from another country (have dual citzenship) with a different form of my name. Thanks for the infomation.

I apologise if I am in the wrong place. I am planning on retiring in Phuket for a couple of years and I need to know if the 800,000 baht has to be in a thai bank or can it be held in an Australian bank. Plus any other help/advice would be appreciated

you can get work permit on a non 'o' being married to thai national visa, as well as a one year extension for being married, that way the visa/extension will not run out with the job,should apply to teaching.( someone will say different)