Thai consoles: V Box & G Station

Hal65

I saw both of these at Big C. The V Box was only 800 baht, the G Station 3,300. Both stating downloadable games on the box:

IMG_20160316_194556.jpg

IMG_20160316_194707.jpg

---------------------

Does anyone have either of these consoles? What do you think of them?

I have not tried any of them but I'm assuming they're nothing but classic "chinese" low-budget rip-offs.

I didn't find out much about them but...

Vbox II (2) was released in 2010 or 11. It's a virtual machine (VM), using emulator to play games from other platforms. Most likely Playstation 1 and 2 games. A real Playstation 2 console cost the same, often advertised for 800 baht nowadays. Hardware wise I know nothing about the Vbox II but I would go for the real Playstation console as it is much more stable and does not run emulators to run games. I also read people say Vbox II is the worst console ever made, calling it fake, scam...

Gstation I found absolutely no info on, no reviews or any mention of this console when i did a google search. Judging from your photo, it looks like another Playstation 2 rip-off, running emulator to play PS2 games. Again, I think the original PS2 console is a better buy. It was extremely stable and is considered by many to be the best console ever made. Gstation also cost 4 times more. You get an extra hand controller to compensate for the waste of money lol

Emulators are very often very unstable, causing games to crash or not working. PS2 games were optimized to run on the hardware that PS2 has. A change of hardware often make games run unstable. Try run emulators on an Android device or PC and you'll see what I mean.

My advice, don't buy any of them. Ps1, Ps2, Ps3 and Ps4 are all great consoles. Have had them all. If you are low on budget or love retro games, then get the original Ps1 or 2. If you deside to sell them then you could do so with a profit. Ps 3 still cost a bit more, if you can find it. The 3. generation from Sony really never took ground in Thailand, making it a lot harder to find games for it in physical stores, but you can buy these games online. The Ps4 is the latest generation. The game selection is starting to become very solid and it looks like 2016 and 17 will be some of the best years for gamers. Lots of great titles are on the way and Sony is also soon releasing Playstation VR (Virtual Reality), which is like dual-monitors in glasses you put on your head where you can interact better in games by looking around. It's interesting technology, but pricy. No price has been conformed but its in the 500-800 dollar-class.

Edit: PSVR price has been confirmed today to be $399, which is good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived