Break Ins - Every Night

moskito

Its not funny anymore and a lot of Farangs which live here in Phuket Sayuan, Rawai and Nai Harn Area can not sleep really anymore since the burglars visit their houses.

I have three break ins in my own house during the past 2 years. But whats going on here in the moment really makes me wonder. Its a small area her and it should be possible to catch these <deleted> fast if the police want too. Last night they broke my neigbours house, poisend his two dogs just for stealing a golden watch and some small money.

It really make me scare and I often ask myself if the true humans called Thaipeople really can do what they want to us without getting followed and brought to justice.

I really which to catch one of these guys.

Phuket Gazette, our famous newspaper here wrote about ONE break in and made a big story of it. Its not sometimes it is EVERY SINGLE NIGHT now. I hope it will become more popular what a save country Thailand is. :o

:D

Its not funny anymore and a lot of Farangs which live here in Phuket Sayuan, Rawai and Nai Harn Area can not sleep really anymore since the burglars visit their houses.

I have three break ins in my own house during the past 2 years. But whats going on here in the moment really makes me wonder. Its a small area her and it should be possible to catch these <deleted> fast if the police want too. Last night they broke my neigbours house, poisend his two dogs just for stealing a golden watch and some small money.

It really make me scare and I often ask myself if the true humans called Thaipeople really can do what they want to us without getting followed and brought to justice.

Phuket Gazette, our famous newspaper here wrote about ONE break in and made a big story of it. Its not sometimes it is EVERY SINGLE NIGHT now. I hope it will become more popular what a save country Thailand is. :D

Sorry to learn of your distress. :o

Perhaps it is time to move to a safer place such as Pattaya? :D

Now let's wait for the ignorant <deleted> on this board (aka the Pattaya Bashers) who will not be able to contain themselves in venting their spleens.

Form an orderly slagging of queue, Ladies and Gents, if you please...! :D

Edited by Noel

Haven't heard of any breakins out in Kamala area yet .....

Yeah, but maybe not because there are no break ins! One of the biggest problems here is that farangs dont talk with each other much. Even in the steet where I live we have this problem, there was a break in but why telling the neighbors about it? we got 6 neighbors here in my area, I talk with two of them...others dont talk with me...i am german we dont like french, french dont like enlish and aussies hates them all :o ....not really like that but kind of... like my house is bigger than yours.. :D

another thing is the police work here, sometime they not even come because they cant find your house anyway...its a mess with housenumbers here in Thailand. I got no 5 my neighbor no 28 the guy on left hand side no 11 so how the police, doctor or fireworkers will find your house in a case of emergency?

Anyway, guess the bet way is to set a bounty on the burglars head...if its high enough some people in this lovely countrie will sale their mother for it :D

Are these breakins happening when people are home???

Haven't heard of any breakins out in Kamala area yet .....

Yeah, but maybe not because there are no break ins! One of the biggest problems here is that farangs dont talk with each other much. Even in the steet where I live we have this problem, there was a break in but why telling the neighbors about it? we got 6 neighbors here in my area, I talk with two of them...others dont talk with me...i am german we dont like french, french dont like enlish and aussies hates them all :o ....not really like that but kind of... like my house is bigger than yours.. :D

another thing is the police work here, sometime they not even come because they cant find your house anyway...its a mess with housenumbers here in Thailand. I got no 5 my neighbor no 28 the guy on left hand side no 11 so how the police, doctor or fireworkers will find your house in a case of emergency?

Anyway, guess the bet way is to set a bounty on the burglars head...if its high enough some people in this lovely countrie will sale their mother for it :D

Are these breakins happening when people are home???

Yeah, mostly. I was two times at home and heard absolutely nothing, these burglars go only for money cellphones and a karton of cigarettes. Once I came back from cinema they stole many more, even bigger thigs. A whole laptop pc video and digital cam were stolen at a break in in my swedish friends house here while he was asleep. If u have a dog they will poison him. I let my dog sleep in the house at the moment...he hates it..so do I :o

But its may be better not to get up if u notice something.....for sure they are scared too and if they got a knife they will use it for sure. I only wonder if somebody have to die first before the police really try helping :D

Yes i was thinking the same thing, if you ran into one of these guys in your house i am

sure they have a weapon that they would use

Maybe keep the easily removed valuables in your bedroom at night and lock your bedroom door

as they are avoiding waking anyone up

I would also sugest getting a can of pepper spray and keep under your pillow, buy a few cans

and hide around your house and carry one everywhere. Make sure you practice with it

take care

nam

patters sounds just as bad >>

from pattayamail.com

Two neighboring houses burgled on same night

Boonlua Chatree

Burglars broke into two houses at The Village on Pattaya Third Road during the night of October 9 and got away with cash and property worth more than 200,000 baht.

Pattaya police station received a call from Ms Sommai Jomsri, 32, to say that a thief had broken into her home, and they also received a report that a neighbor’s house only three doors away had just been robbed.

Sommai’s home was a two-story townhouse, and the police and accompanying forensic officers established that the intruder had climbed in via the second floor. Sommai’s husband, 41-year-old Australian citizen John Visser, said that over 80,000 baht had been taken from a drawer in the headboard of the bed, and a backpack containing a quantity of dollars and baht totaling about 100,000 baht had also been taken. The thief had also taken a notebook computer.

Sommai said that at about 6:30 p.m. she had gone with her husband, who just four days previously had returned from Iraq, to take care of their Oh and Na beer bar business located on Soi Diana. They returned with Sommai’s sister at about 1:30 a.m. to find that the house had been ransacked. The couple shared the house with relatives who were asleep on the ground floor at the time and had heard nothing.

The thief, or thieves, had also broken into the home of another foreigner living nearby but had found only 1,300 baht in cash and a mobile phone.

Police are working on the theory that the burglar lives nearby. Sommai’s sister said she saw a youth on the roof of the house next door to theirs earlier that evening, and it is likely he was casing the neighboring properties. Although police and security guards from The Village searched the neighborhood, no arrests have yet been made.

I talk with two of them...others dont talk with me...i am german we dont like french, french dont like enlish and aussies hates them all
:o

moskito

Why didn't you buy a safe after the 1st robbery?

It needs to be too heavy for 2 Thais to carry.

I talk with two of them...others dont talk with me...i am german we dont like french, french dont like enlish and aussies hates them all

moskito

Why didn't you buy a safe after the 1st robbery?

It needs to be too heavy for 2 Thais to carry.

its not the point Udon, to buy a safe is one thing, to let people (burglars) walk around in your house another. I dont care that they steal thngs, I just hate that somebody visit houses without permission, knowing very well that the police will never care....because what is a couple of thousand baht notes to a ######ing rich farang....and we all are rich, arent we?

After the 3rd break in, Police hang a red box in front of my garage.....they checked it reasently, every odd day in the morning at 10:00 and in the afternoon at 15:00h after I refused to gave them a LITTLE BIT TIP for this special service, just 2000 Baht a month they never came back. Some bad ppl around here say the police know already who do this breaking business...I dont want belive that :o

anyway, I never saw a police man after 20:00 h somewhere around here :D

Back when I was going to Honduras, and seeing a lady there, I early on gave a gift of a bottle to the police.

Honduras was very dangerous, especially in her area (lock the door, and windows at night, no one out) but the police really looked after the house.

I hate that you have to do it, but it is a small investment.

I've also read about dog training, where the dog is trained to only take food from it's owner, therefore limiting the chance of poisoning.

My dog would help a burgler in, and if it scratched it's belly, would even carry my stuff out for him, the bas*ard :o

I live in the Saiyuan area and I am shocked to be reading this thread! :D

I haven't heard of anything of the sort. I have three dogs who do a pretty good job of barking at just about anything that moves and so do the neighbours. I have taken to locking my gate at night but that was because the dogs were opening it and running around, I will definitely continue to do so now.

I plan to go out and have a chat with the neighbours to see if any of them have heard of this. My husband is away so it is just the kids and I here. He has been gone for two months and my dogs are my security system.

Keep us posted please! :o

Same things are happening in Pattaya, lots of break-ins and very often poisoned dogs.

I don’t think a safe is a good idea. If you are not at home they will carry the safe away or just wait until you return and make you open it. I don’t think it will take very long for a burglar to persuade you to open the safe. :o

Also, if they have to make you open the safe you may be able to recognise them and they may decide to do something about this. :D

A condo seems to be a lot safer than a house.

OK .... let me rephrase my statement ..... there have been no break-ins in Kamala that I have heard of and I talk to people :o

A safe is a good idea! Knowing your neighbors is a better idea!

I did put in a motion sensitive light in the back of my house to catch anyone coming over the fence ....

Phuket Gazette, our famous newspaper here wrote about ONE break in and made a big story of it. Its not sometimes it is EVERY SINGLE NIGHT now. I hope it will become more popular what a save country Thailand is. :D

Sorry to learn of your distress. :o

Perhaps it is time to move to a safer place such as Pattaya? :D

Now let's wait for the ignorant <deleted> on this board (aka the Pattaya Bashers) who will not be able to contain themselves in venting their spleens.

Form an orderly slagging of queue, Ladies and Gents, if you please...! :D

Noel, this sort of ridiculous reply merely shows that a Pattaya bashing slanging match is what your looking for.

If its not a slanging match you are looking for then I suggest you dont make such ridiculous comments.

To the OP, my suggestion is get a dog or move to Patong !!

There has been an increase in break-ins over the last few months and it is very disturbing for those that return from a night out or even a shopping trip during the day to find they have been robbed.

If only people knew what was really happening here would they think twice about owning a home here.

Laguna has had quite a few house robberies and Kata has had a few but most robberies are from hotels/resorts. Many guests visit the beach in the afternoon and during the evening go for dinner and then maybe go to a few bars. I personally know of a few incidents that have happened and people are afraid to sleep at night. Husbands away overeas working, wife on her home etc.

The only suggestion for what it is worth is have an alarm fitted and ensure it is switched on before going to bed/shopping etc as many people become lazy and pay good money for the system and then do not activate it. External lights help especially those on a sensor as this is really the first line of defence if there is no external wall to slow down any potential thief. Lastly a safe is worth having but secure it to a wall preferbly hidden in a wardrobe out of site.

I understand that all these items cost money but to feel safer in your own home it is worth it. Most thieves do recce of a property before they decide to target it. If they are not confident of a result they more often than not move on to another property that is vulnerable.

The last thing is maybe a neighbourhood watch is implemented which would help but only if neighbours talk to each other.

what is the Thai law on shooting trespassers? Do you have to drag them in to the house or is the fact you shot them in your yard sufficient justification?

Thais can if they have a registered firearm and it was proven it was used in self defence.

Farangs are not allowed to own registered firearms kept in their house as far as I know.

what is the Thai law on shooting trespassers? Do you have to drag them in to the house or is the fact you shot them in your yard sufficient justification?

If you shoot or even severly beat up a robber you would most likely pay a huge fine. To shoot and kill a robber in Thailand you would be nutz; even inside your home.

If you shoot or even severly beat up a robber you would most likely pay a huge fine. To shoot and kill a robber in Thailand you would be nutz; even inside your home.

Agreed. Well said LoveDaBlues.

Agreed. Well said LoveDaBlues.

Hrmm !! Strange subject this! I have just purchased a gun !, sorry my wife has just purchased a gun ! and from what i have been told your thai companion can own a registered gun and if a intruder breaks into your home and you are face to face with him and he has a knife for example you are in your rights to blow his f****** head off, if the intruder is making of quick time after seeing you and your loaded gun and you shoot him in the back, well lets say you have a lot of explaing to do, being a family man and having a young daughter what would you do?

As for the safe subject better not to have one like somebody else said if they break in when you are not there and cannot move it, they may just wait for you and your FAMILY to come back, and i dont think that would be to nice!! :o

Burglars don't like lights.

Happened in Samui also to us in August. The house looked like a Christmas tree and the other 6 houses were dark since there were no people.

BUT, he/they picked our house we were staying in and broke in.... :o

LaoPo