Flight out to miss Songkan - its not celebrated anywhere else is it?

spambot

I am getting out for the duration of Songkran - But someone told me yesterday it is also celebrated Malaysia, Lao and Vietnam - Surely not - I thought it was only a Thailand holiday?

Also a friend of mine down from Udon this week says it is anticitsped that they will have only one day of water wasting in Udon this time - This is according to the local press and radio - anyone know if this is true since I could then go to Lao and Udon or maybe even Nongkai potentially.

Edited by spambot

A few years ago, a friend lured me to Vientiene with a promise that Songkran was not celebrated there. (He had lived there twenty years previously and had returned a few months before April.) I got there, and it was as bad as anywhere in Thailand, with the exception that it was slightly shorter; they start one day later for some reason.

Edited by allane

re

I thought it was only a Thailand holiday?

whatever you do dont got to yangon in myanmar

they throw more water there for three days than here :(

me ... im off to the philapines for two weeks this year

f### staying in thailand for sonkran !

dave2

post-42592-0-01295500-1458383622_thumb.j

Or maybe get out into the provinces, the village where I am does celebrate and there is some water involved, but it's much more of a civilised party atmosphere. I had a great time last year, looking forward to it again this year!