New passport & retirement extension

I will get a new passport when I go back to my homecountry because my current will soon expire. I have a 1 year retirement extension and re-entry permit. What do I need to bring when going back here ? Anything else than my 2 passport? And also when going to the immigration in for transfering my stamps?

You will need both passports to enter the country (nothing else)

Have the stamps transferred to your new passport as soon as possible. A letter confirming the issue of a new passport may be required which can be obtained from your Embassy in Thailand.

Do I really need to go to my embassy in Bangkok for a letter? When I get a new passport in my home country ?

• I believe the letter is normally only required if a new passport is obtained when in Thailand.
  • Local Immigration will transfer your 1 year permit to stay but they might not transfer the re-entry permit especially if they didn't issue it. If so you should be able to get it transferred at the airport or just use the two passports until it expires.

A letter is not required for Canadians as the Embassy stamps the request to transfer in your old passport. Just did my transfer at Jomtien, no problems.

Well that amounts to the same thing since the embassy is certifying that they issued the passport. I doubt Canadians are a special class of extension applicants.

A letter is not required for Canadians as the Embassy stamps the request to transfer in your old passport. Just did my transfer at Jomtien, no problems.

Well that amounts to the same thing since the embassy is certifying that they issued the passport. I doubt Canadians are a special class of extension applicants.

I was being helpful for fellow Canadians. You are being too sensitive.

The last Canadian passport I saw contained a note to the effect that the holder had previously traveled on a now cancelled passport.

There was no stamp requesting transfer of anything.