Flat tyre, carelessness blamed for filthy Phuket pier

snoop1130

Flat tyre, carelessness blamed for filthy Phuket pier
Kongleaphy Keam

post-249866-0-22530200-1458648544_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Officials are blaming a garbage truck with a flat tyre and boat operators' carelessness for the piles of rubbish and spilled oil spotted on Chalong Pier yesterday.

Photos sent to the Phuket Gazette by a reader – showing dozens of garbage bags, bottles and puddles of oil along the pier – were forwarded to the Phuket Provincial Administration Organization (PPAO), which is responsible for the area.

“Normally, the trash is picked up at about 4am before tourists arrive,” said PPAO officer Prasit Yotharak, who is in charge of Chalong Pier. “However, the truck had a flat. We are sorry for the dirty conditions. I will go with officers this afternoon to see if the area has been cleaned and the garbage has been picked up yet.”

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Flat-tyre-carelessness-blamed-filthy-Phuket-pier/63494?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-03-22

The picture presents an image I can see every day in any city, town or village in Thailand. It is totally normal. "Dirty" would have to be a lot more than that with reference to the Thai norm.

Correct. The problem is also deeper than the collection of said trash. How about preventing people from throwing trash around in the first place? Every civilized country would have city administration officers roaming the areas and fine people for littering.

I can see people driving on the big road not far from where I live, swaying to the side of the road in order to throw their rubbish while driving into the ditch. Totally normal to these people and nobody gives a damn.

The smell from the rubbish is only unnoticable when some guy next to it decides to have a little bonfire to burn plastic.

The picture presents an image I can see every day in any city, town or village in Thailand. It is totally normal. "Dirty" would have to be a lot more than that with reference to the Thai norm.

Correct. The problem is also deeper than the collection of said trash. How about preventing people from throwing trash around in the first place? Every civilized country would have city administration officers roaming the areas and fine people for littering.

I can see people driving on the big road not far from where I live, swaying to the side of the road in order to throw their rubbish while driving into the ditch. Totally normal to these people and nobody gives a damn.

The smell from the rubbish is only unnoticable when some guy next to it decides to have a little bonfire to burn plastic.

The UK used to have litter bins fixed to lamp posts with a notice warning of a fine for littering. They seem to have disappeared, and London streets are as bad as Bangkok.

Trash trucks in our neiborhood seems like a is a very good job...

Leave most of the trash in the road then continue onto the local mom and pop market to collect

4 large Singhas couple cold one for the driver and his mates.....

see it everyday....TIT

Make them come back and collect the rest of the garbage. Who is in charge of this pier the government or the mafia garbage collectors. Even with flat tire these garbage collectors have no pride in there jobs. Give them a couple days off with out pay and retrain them and they might not ever do some thing like this again!