Need a Travel Agent That Specializes in Thai Airways

tomwct

My Travel Agent had a stroke and has retired. He always had inside info on Thai Airways and was able to manage my bookings to Europe

every year. Can my fellow expats recommend an agent and/or travel agency that does allot of Business with Thai Airways? Thanks for your

assistance!

It depends where you live in Thailand. I assume you want the agent to be local. The search box, top right area of the screen should have the answers. Its a question that gets asked a lot. CNX P&P Travel is a good agent in Chiang Mai if that helps.

It depends where you live in Thailand. I assume you want the agent to be local. The search box, top right area of the screen should have the answers. Its a question that gets asked a lot. CNX P&P Travel is a good agent in Chiang Mai if that helps.

Indeed, if the OP is in Chiang Mai an must use an agent the best IMO (and yours) is P&P travel, ask for Khun Praneet.

Another good one is Travel Shoppe at Thapae Gate, ask for Khun Pidet, a good man.

I still say search on Skyscanner and book direct with Thai, dead easy.

The internet is the best agent you can get and use yourself......why get a middle man involved that is gonna charge you commission......if you insist on using an agent pm me your requirements and I will sort it for you.....easy money.

The internet is the best agent you can get and use yourself......why get a middle man involved that is gonna charge you commission......if you insist on using an agent pm me your requirements and I will sort it for you.....easy money.

I am from Korat, but my Travel Agent was in Bangkok. I would book my trip to Milan or Rome 9 months out. My agent would monitor

my trip and whenever the price dropped my agent would rebook at the lower fare. When he got an especially low fare, he would recommend

issuing tickets. If you book on the Internet, you must pay in full and any changes or cancellation would have some big fees.

I did the same on EVA going to the states. Great agent, but he's retired. Any recommendations?

Thai air currently have deals to Europe 16,500 return ,my advise/recommendation to you is to get on the internet,Thai air,Eva air prices don't change that much ,they do however have special deals out of season sometimes that are easy to monitor yourself.you can even get email alerts when prices change.

There are lot of reasons why good agent is better than the internet. They can save you hours and hours of time on complex bookings or even a simple return. They can save you a lot of money. If an agent puts together your travel plans in 30 mins and it cost 30,000 baht total and you know he makes 10% on that would you book it? Or you could spend hours over several days doing it yourself and come up with 33,000 baht. Which would you book. Many people will book the 33,000 because they assume this is the cheapest and are also oblivious that the online booking sites take commission on the airfares or the airline just makes more profit if you book direct. Its best to use both the internet and an agent.

Thai air currently have deals to Europe 16,500 return ,my advise/recommendation to you is to get on the internet,Thai air,Eva air prices don't change that much ,they do however have special deals out of season sometimes that are easy to monitor yourself.you can even get email alerts when prices change.

You are a DIY agent using the internet. You quote 16500 return with TG. You offered to be tomwct's agent. Imagine he accepts your offer, he gives you 17500 baht for saving him the time and trouble. He is so happy he gives you 18,000 when he hands the cash over. You book it for him and make a 20,000 baht loss because you didn't include the taxes and charges. Your first booking and you are a failure as an agent. You're fired! You even said it was easy money lol.

Cannot imagine why you would use an agent! Depends where you want to go of course. To go to the UK We check Skyscanner and Cheapflights and then we call Dialaflight. If you must have an agent AW Business Suk Soi 11 do the job.Cannot imagine. either. why you fly on Thai. For direct flights from BKK EVA invariably cheaper. Came on Thai last month. They seem to have managed to re-arrange the seating so you can barely sit down. Even AirAsia has more room! My Thai wife won't fly on Thai as the staff are so rude!

You are a DIY agent using the internet. You quote 16500 return with TG. You offered to be tomwct's agent. Imagine he accepts your offer, he gives you 17500 baht for saving him the time and trouble. He is so happy he gives you 18,000 when he hands the cash over. You book it for him and make a 20,000 baht loss because you didn't include the taxes and charges. Your first booking and you are a failure as an agent. You're fired! You even said it was easy money lol.

not really because Thai are actually offering flights at 16500 everything included

not really because Thai are actually offering flights at 16500 everything included.

I think the problem is some people think these agents have special connections with the airlines and get given special prices that no one else has access to.at the end of the day if you want to fly on a specific date on a specific time these flights do not vary much in price airlines would rather the seats stay empty than let them go at some bargain basement price.

not really because Thai are actually offering flights at 16500 everything included

Look at the bottom of the image. It clearly states taxes and charges are not included in 16,xxx baht airfare. Those taxes could quite easily be 20,000 baht or more.

post-113867-0-78218200-1458741390_thumb.

The OP has stated his old agent would book him on a flight and hold it for weeks or months waiting for a better price to appear. When the best price was secured the agent would call him back and "ticket" the reservation. The OP would then pay for the ticket. Try doing that on the internet, its impossible. You do need a good agent and a booking history with them to get the best service.

Fair enough didn't see the bit at the bottom ,yes taxes and airport fees will rocket that fair right up,however that back s up my opinion that these days the fairs hardly move in price,agents are there to make money end off,it's all to easy for an agent to give you a quoted high price then a couple off weeks later come back with a more realistic price Making him seem to be doing you a favour,realistically the fares might change by around £50 maximum the commission you are then paying him cancels that out,imho agents are for people who don't know how to use the internet or are too lazy to do any research.

Most of the time my agent charges me around 1000 baht more than if I were to book online myself. I don't mind being charged 1000 baht more because many times I can change my flight date once without being charged extra, my agent books and holds ticket up to the date of issuing which is around 7-10 days before the flight date. They find the cheapest flight for me + 1000 baht which seems to be the average commission she takes. So for the flexibility and all, sometimes going through an agent is better especially when I am on business and make last minute flight changes.

I've been with the same agent for over 15 years and have the owners cell, I can even make changes after work hours by calling her personal number, she can work from her home. Last but not least she gives me credit :-)

With short less than 5 hour flights, I tend to just book online though

lol big style.......!!

Archived