Big Budda Day?

udondreamer

hi all

i tried to phone my gf on saturday 28th oct, no joy when i asked was told big budda day?

party ect?but i think this a lie or do they have different holy days in issan??i haven't found

any special budda days apart from 23rd oct?

thought if anyone can put me straight you guys can? cheers.

Well the Big Buddha day u r talking about is on Sunday 29th and if u call from America it would be Saturday. In Thai culture, Buddhist people usually go to the Temple to pursue merit. Each month, there'll be 2 Big Buddha days. On the 23rd is not a buddha day. Actually it is the King Chulalongkorn Memorial Day(The 5th King) and it's a national holiday too..

Well the Big Buddha day u r talking about is on Sunday 29th and if u call from America it would be Saturday. In Thai culture, Buddhist people usually go to the Temple to pursue merit. Each month, there'll be 2 Big Buddha days. On the 23rd is not a buddha day. Actually it is the King Chulalongkorn Memorial Day(The 5th King) and it's a national holiday too..

I suspect that Sunday 29th was a normal Buddha day, which occurs every 6,7 or 8 days.

Big Buddha day are special occasions, generally regarded as only 4 per years I believe.

The twenty-ninth was a half-moon (relatively unimpotant) Wan Phra... I don't see any reason she would have not been able to talk to you... unless she is extremely devout or something... all the monks I know pretty much go on about their business when the chanting is done with. Definately no reason for a party. Of course, I don't know about Isan.