Thai government continues to crack down on criminal gangs

webfact

Government continues to crack down on criminal gangs

cr.JPEG

BANGKOK, 28 March 2016 (NNT) - The Ministry of Defense has insisted that the government has continued to crack down on criminal gangs that hamper national growth.

Defense Spokesperson Maj Gen Kongcheep Tantrawanich said the Royal Thai Police and the Ministries of Defense and Interior have been collaborating over the past month to prosecute lawbreakers, specifically offenders of 16 laws targeted for enforcement.

These laws include forest encroachment, extortion, weapons sales and narcotics trade. All those involved are expected to be prosecuted indiscriminately. The spokesperson said those arrested were found to have violated human rights, promoted corruption, and were accessories to transnational crimes.

Maj Gen Kongcheep urged the public and the Thai media to show their opposition to criminal activities and people who enable them. They are also encouraged to report to the authorities any unusual or illegal activity.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-28 footer_n.gif

Start rounding up all the police, military and border control. They are the biggest criminal gangs that hamper national growth.

They engage in extortion, weapons sales and narcotics trade. I wouldn't be surprised if many them has violated human rights, promoted corruption, and been accessories to transnational crimes.

Remove those gangs and you can start re-building the country.

I love the way they constantly target specific laws for enforcement, as opposed to, say, all of them. whistling.gif

yes, my first thought, too. Maybe they should start with enforcing road traffic regulations. Many thousands of lives saved, and billions or trillions of THB either...

Should be an easy job as most of the organisers of these criminal gangs wear military and police uniforms.

No, my guess is that nothing will change only the centralisation of power controlled from behind the barrack walls.

Yes. Every week now we read about high level mafia types being arrested. The trials are in full swing. Convictions at a dizzying pace. All of it clearly reported by an empowered media, in a new era of transparency.

And a flock of pigs just landed in the field next to my house.

Thank goodness "Government continues to crack down on criminal gangs". I'm so relieved that this government is keeping the people safe. Oh, well it's only been for the last month. What were the idiots doing before? And there is only 16 laws being targeted. What about the other laws and the other months and years before? It is my opinion that this Government needs a foreign public relations expert on the payroll.

1) no follow up report on how the "turn yourself in" campaign went a few weeks ago. No surprise.

2) no mention, in this report, of the number of arrests made to date, the charges etc.

So, as usual, we are to measure their success based upon their word.