See if you can figure this one out

Gonsalviz

Everytime I start up my computer, HP, Windows 7 home premium I have a huge problem with RAM. In a few seconds the computer gets so slow as to be useless.

I finally found that svchost.exe will have one that is going sky high, like 1.5 gigs. I stop it and another will start. After about 5 times of stopping the process everything returns to normal and I can use the computer for several days, not shutting down.

I have an AIS Aircard that seems to be connected to the problem because if I close these svchosts.exe while it is connected, it will stop working and I have to remove and reinstall and then will work fine if I have ended the svchost.exe the required amount of times.

If I clear them the seemingly required 5 times, the Aircard works fine, the colors are slightly changed but everything works fine. Norton says everything is ok.

It looks like the old, well-known problem of the Windows Update daemon going wild.

Dates from the XP days, still not fixed in 7.

It's part of SVCHOST.EXE which is a "muli-services" binary.

Try stopping the WIndows Update service and see if the computer's load goes back to normal.

If if does, delete everything from C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution (but not the main folder itself) while the service is stopped, and start it again.

This should fix it for a while, but it may come back later. Repeat, rince etc.

On the other hand, your SVCHOST.EXE image might have been massively compromised with code-injecting malware. But I'd place my bet on the WIndows Update bug.

Edited by Lannig

It looks like the old, well-known problem of the Windows Update daemon going wild.

Dates from the XP days, still not fixed in 7.

It's part of SVCHOST.EXE which is a "muli-services" binary.

Try stopping the WIndows Update service and see if the computer's load goes back to normal.

If if does, delete everything from C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution (but not the main folder itself) while the service is stopped, and start it again.

This should fix it for a while, but it may come back later. Repeat, rince etc.

On the other hand, your SVCHOST.EXE image might have been massively compromised with code-injecting malware. But I'd place my bet on the WIndows Update bug.

Steve 187 already posted THE solution. Disabling. Full stop. End of headache.

Unless it is something related to the AIS Aircard, which I doubt, it sounds an awful lot like malware of some sort.

You say Norton doesn't find anything, but have you tried other malware detectors? I would, just to be sure. Malwarebytes Antimalware, Sophos and others would be a good start.

try disabling the DNS Client in services .....

type : services.msc in the command prompt ( in the start / run command )

this will open the services box.

check and make sure WZC wireless zero configeration is set to Automatic ....

then click on the DNS Client --- and disable this service.

Then close and try again.