Working As A Lawyer In Thailand - Work Permit - Cie

Hi,

I am a teacher here, with a proper visa and work permit.

I want to settle a Thai company, which will be on my gf's name.

Of course, it's my gf's name but I want to know if I can work, as a foreign lawyer, for

her company.

I basically want to do some internet transactions but pay taxes in Thailand.

And if I work for her company, can't I get a workpermit? (2 workpermit....or I left my school?)

And how much does it cost to set up a Thai company?

Thanks for all comments.

Sebastien.

Hi,

Of course, it's my gf's name but I want to know if I can work, as a foreign lawyer, for

her company.

And if I work for her company, can't I get a workpermit? (2 workpermit....or I left my school?)

Thanks for all comments.

Sebastien.

Have you not seen the thread for the list of occupations not allowed to be performed by foreigners? :o

Regardless of the work you do actually decide to do, the best bet is to distinguish yourself as a foreign egg spurt for example by calling yourself an International Business Development Manager and thus avoiding any ambiguous issues although if you read the thread on jobs we are allowed to not do here then even this could be construed as being an illegal working title.

Also are you SURE you want to set up a company in your GF's name using your own funds just to get a WP?

If I am not mistaken you will need to also employ another 3 Thais (4 for every 1 foreigner employed). I don't want to cast views on your ability and character but it sounds like you may be on a fast track to a hiding to me... just hope you can afford it.

Edited by Casanundra

Hi,

her company.

Thanks for all comments.

Sebastien.

I am sure that your legal expertise pertaining to matters Thai, on the back of your teaching prowess in conjuction with your research skills, will help you realize your worth.

Best of luck... :o

Hi,

her company.

Thanks for all comments.

Sebastien.

thai companies are easy to set up

i can get it done for 20000 baht

youll also have to pay the 4 thais and keep them on your books, i can also do this. the whole thing wil run for about 100000 per year

you pay taxes and stay here legally make the biz work and this will seem a drop in the ocean...good luck

Thanks for replies.

Yes, I read the post about what foreigners can do in Thailand and practice law, or consultant is OK.

A company asked me around 60 000 baht to set it up legally.

They asked me 2 000 000 as guarantee for the Thai government. But if I understand their email, they call put that guarantee for me for 10 000 baht per year. I also heard about paying

taxes on salaries every month, minimum 1 500 baht even if there are no incomes.

I trust my GF, she has more money than me (Yes, I am lucky, it happens in Thailand).

So, I don't believe a Thai person has to HIRE 4 thai people to hire a foreigner? I don't know.

I don't care if the company is not mine. Money will be transfer in my bank account and I won't

practice Thai law...it's canadian law, but VIRTUALLY and avoiding canadian taxes by working legally for a Thai company...or something like that.

If you have a good solution for me, working LEGALLY in THailand as a canadian lawyer, paying Thai taxes, at the lowest cost, can be GREAT.

Thanks for all replies...I appreciate. Living here for 3 years but know nothing about setting up a business here. Got visa and workpermit from my school....