Aircraft Noise Out Of Old Airport

nonthaburial

Living close to Chaeng Wattana,in the goold old days it used to be common for departing aircraft to compete with each other to see who could leave the longest skid mark on my roof, especially those en route to europe bewtween midnight and 2am.

After the opening of the new airport, it has been so depressingly quiet here that I actually missed the aircraft noise, but over the last 48 hours things have changed again.

In the early hours of Sunday morning there was a large jet engined aircraft that seemed determined to take my roof off, others in the area also have commented on this incident, then yesterday and to a degree today there have been quite a lot of low flying aircraft in the vicinity.

No these are not military aircraft, but large engined passenger aircraft.!!

Have i missed something ? are we using Don Muang again or is it possible TG are still using it as a maintenance base or for landing / take off practices ??

If I am not mistaken the old airport is going to become a base for regional charter airlines aa well as private arrivals/departures.

The USAF are interested in it as a logistics base for South East Asia, and the Thai Royal Airforce wil still be using it as one of their main squadron bases.

So its certainly not going to be closed down completly.

Tim