Phuket man receives electricity bill for over B400,000

snoop1130

Phuket man receives electricity bill for over B400,000
Eakkapop Thongtub

post-249866-0-00404900-1459257584_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Imagine if you usually pay between B800-B1,000 for your electricity every month, and then you receive one for over B400,000.

Well that’s exactly what happened to Phuket resident Mr Boonlerd Nokbanjong yesterday (Mar 28), leaving him in total disbelief.

“I usually pay between B800 to B1,000 maximum each month, but this month my bill was for B468,182.82. This is insane and impossible,” Mr Boonlerd said.

“I had no extra income for the last four to five months so I didn’t turn on the air-con and used only a fan.

“Luckily, when I notified officials at the Phuket Electricity Authority (PEA) they noticed there had been a mistake and agreed to change the amount I owed,” Mr Boonlerd added.

Chief of accounting and processing at the PEA, Chonsorn Chetawan, today (Mar 29) presented Mr Boonlerd with a revised bill with a due amount of just over B800. He also apologised for the error made.

Mr Chonsorn explained: “Officials who do the meter reading read an old damaged meter.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-man-receives-electricity-bill-for-over-b400-000-56822.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-03-29

He is not the only one. Last month i received bill for 180 000 baht, because whoever did the reading entered dot in the wrong place.

Bill should have been 18.000 but because of the dot, it turned into 180.000

PEA did accept the correct amount, naturally not even an apology

He is not the only one. Last month i received bill for 180 000 baht, because whoever did the reading entered dot in the wrong place.

18,000 baht you must be running a business of sorts yes ?

18000 would be the dot at the wrong place for us biggrin.png

In five years we once touched the 3000 mark as far as I remember.

About the OP.

Such stuff happens, not only in Thailand.

Reminds of the marketer (selling some fast food) in Germany who received a tax bill of 2.1 billion Euro (2'100'000'000).

A tax consultant calculated the correct sum of 108 Euro.

The difference to the lax PEA cases:

the tax bill was a "legally valid" document and had to be corrected by going the legal way.

The tax consultant would have had a claim of 2.5 million Euro for his single sheet objection whistling.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

is that any concern of yours ? stay on point mr, trouble causer

It's the concern of everyone who has access to this forum,those members who don't wish to discuss their monthly electricity bills shouldn't bother posting their private information should they now.

I fail to see how asking a genuine question about running a business is causing trouble,mr r sole.

That or an extreme urge to impress anonymous people on some online forum ...

It's the concern of everyone who has access to this forum,those members who don't wish to discuss their monthly electricity bills shouldn't bother posting their private information should they now.

I fail to see how asking a genuine question about running a business is causing trouble,mr r sole.

I agree with you. I fear the dude needed to boost his ego for a second. Anyway my bill has never been higher than 900thb but then I'm of the keeneeow type and only put on ac during Thai summer.

It would be quite a shock if you had automatic bank payment and got a bill for 180k/ 400k.

Quite surprised his bill was 800 baht using just a fan. I have a air-con running 12-16 hours

a day and a fan another 6 hours and day an my bill is only 1,200- 1,600 baht a month.

Yes I only have a small place, 37 meters. Very reasonable bills as far as I am concerned. smile.png

Yep smile.png

I agree with you. I fear the dude needed to boost his ego for a second. Anyway my bill has never been higher than 900thb but then I'm of the keeneeow type and only put on ac during Thai summer.

Very sorry to disappoint you, but not all of us live pension to pension counting every baht and some of us also work instead of trolling on forums for most of the day.

My electric bill for my house, where i live alone, has never been under 2000 per month,m last month it was 2900 but then as i said, i am not a cheap charlie and enjoy my life.

Yep smile.png

As I suspected,don't worry I don't wish to know what business your in or if you have a work permit.

I was merely wondering if it was possible to have an electricity bill for a house that ran 18000 as it seemed high other than if running a hotel or the like.

Good day.

Yep smile.png

As I suspected,don't worry I don't wish to know what business your in or if you have a work permit.

I was merely wondering if it was possible to have an electricity bill for a house that ran 18000 as it seemed high other than if running a hotel or the like.

Good day.

All goodthumbsup.gif

My house bills run 2300-2900 usually and business bills 14 000-19 000

But last month as i mentioned, he put dot in the wrong place, so it became 180.000laugh.png

Very sorry to disappoint you, but not all of us live pension to pension counting every baht and some of us also work instead of trolling on forums for most of the day.

My electric bill for my house, where i live alone, has never been under 2000 per month,m last month it was 2900 but then as i said, i am not a cheap charlie and enjoy my life.

adding to global warming with your bills then

adding to global warming with your bills then

also waste lots of water