What is the best callus remover?

annaf

Hi, everyone!

I need a new callus remover. I read some reviews about the best callus removers (consumerreports.org, bestadvisor.com and others) and I can't make my choice between Emjoi Micro-Pedi pro foot buffer AP-3RPV2 and J&D Beauty Tip2Toe Pro electric callus remover. What of them to choose? What callus remover do you have? What any callus remover can you recommend?

Ane advice would be appreciated!

For what part of the body? I have causes on my hands from weight lifting everyday. I ways file them (never cut them). Whenever I have tried to cut a callus, I cut too deep. Any file works. I think the one I am using now was 40 baht at big C.

Oh drat. It's late. I've had some wine and and just got a new credit card. Plus I have a foot callus problem and the ability to use Google. I just ordered a battery operated Dremel over the internet. It's intended for trimming dog toenails, but some reviewers said it works well on foot calluses and a couple mentioned cat toenails. I hope the cats like it.

If you have them from lifting weights the best way to reduce them is to learn how to grab the bar correctly. It will help a lot.

Quick solution would be to file them a bit or cut them with razor.

How exactly is grabbing the bar correctly going to prevent calluses? Maybe if you are lifting 2 pound yoga weights. But I have never met anyone in my life who lifts heavy and doesn't have calluses. Guess we are all doing something wrong..... As if grabbing a weight bar is rocket science...... Edited by inbangkok

If you have them from lifting weights the best way to reduce them is to learn how to grab the bar correctly. It will help a lot.

How exactly is grabbing the bar correctly going to prevent calluses? Maybe if you are lifting 2 pound yoga weights. But I have never met anyone in my life who lifts heavy and doesn't have calluses. Guess we are all doing something wrong..... As if grabbing a weight bar is rocket science......

...one word out of place here mate and you will get torn to pieces..whistling.gif

How exactly is grabbing the bar correctly going to prevent calluses? Maybe if you are lifting 2 pound yoga weights. But I have never met anyone in my life who lifts heavy and doesn't have calluses. Guess we are all doing something wrong..... As if grabbing a weight bar is rocket science......

I was talking about big calluses, which has tendency to tear, not about a bit rough skin ...If your calluses hurt when lifting heavy, you’re gripping the bar wrong. Do pulling exercises with the bar low hand, not mid-palm. Use chalk to fill your skin folds. This should stops the bar from tearing your calluses to bloody holes in your palms.

You are right. Grabbing the bar is not rocket science, but you can still do it wrong and many people do.

I use hook grip for deadlifts as well for barbell rows and I have no problems with bloody calluses at all.

Good luck

Edited by Matej