Overloaded trucks are required to seek permission from Highways Department

webfact

And what about pickups with overloaded people in the back? No regulation, enforcement or concern for workers hauled about like cattle.

IMO the only thing that matters in Land of Scams is money. EVERYTHING is a business and the "bottom line" is ALL THAT MATTERS.

No more overloaded trailer trucks?

No problem. No need for them when you got...

7b878ab9a2d962329cfb8a03e3387f9a.jpg

3dfc5ae82b969add582566e9d1e1494c.jpg

dcd0b3910d46cc1c7cb51ed54d5b0875.jpg

63db92ab9cbc42af7baa84d053947dca.jpg

befc19388ee0b4c2b3e02404174021d2.jpg

I'm guessing it's more about financial concerns than safety concerns...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the bottom three pictures were taken in Cambodia (the second from the bottom could even be from Vietnam), not Thailand. While the top two are quite commonplace in Thailand and one occasionally sees trucks with 2-3 people sitting on the roof (mainly in border areas like near Mae Sot) apart from people sitting in the trays of pickup trucks you don't see 10-15 people on the roof of a small vehicle. In Cambodia you do and if you look closely the vehicles in that photo are positioned on the right hand side of the road, the opposite side to which Thailand's traffic travels on.

Of course it's true that traffic in Thailand drives on the left, most of the time.

The third from bottom is from Cambodia. My bad. But when you say you don't see people on pickups like that in Thailand, then you're wrong. Never been in local areas in BKK early in the morning when pickups from companies picks these workers up? Seeing pickups this crowded may not be so common in Thailand as it used to be but it's far from rare, especially in slum areas. Yeah, when I first came to Thailand as a backpacker, met what would later become my wife, I had no money left, we stayed 2 month in the slum area in BKK at her sister's insanely rotten "crib" where 5-30cm of sewerage water filled the streets twice a day. I'm actually not kidding with you. I survived that sh!t for two long months :) But the truth is I had a blast there. All the people there was fantastic and took great care of us. I actually miss that place. Anyway, I saw these crowded pickups every single morning. This was about 7 years ago.

The second picture from the bottom is from Poipet, Cambodia near the Thai border (my bad, again). While I can't remember seeing any motorbikes carrying such a big load on a cart in Thailand, I'm sure we both have seen motorbikes with crazy loads plenty of times in Thailand.

The last picture is from Koh Samui, and is super common in every city, larger towns and very many larger food markets in village areas in Thailand when they go shop the food they will sell. Mostly you see them early in the morning, but they can also be seen in the evening as some markets are only open in the evening/night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by HOAX