Sister murders brother after violent argument in Bangkok

webfact

Sounds like self defence. Both women's stories suggest that the guy was in a rage when the stabbing happened.

Could be wrong of course...

Yes you well could be wrong and probably are so why speculate? Thai Visa,sadly, is awash with amateur sleuths.

Concentrate on the fact someone has died for no apparent reason other than an argument.

Thoughts go to family and friends

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to suggest the sister did not act in self defense!!........let's not speculate/interpret

You must be new here. You should know by now that that's what members do here. They speculate and interpret, usually between beers.

Usually after many beers.

If not for beer, I'd never post here. What sane person would?

Edited by jaywalker

Once again my friends that bloody booze has played a role, stay off it, only in moderation for everyone's sake!

More likely she was on steroids, i have read here on thaivisa they make you really dangerous and unpredictable.

Lawful killings are usually defined as those that take place under lawful authority such as legal executions e.g. hangings, firing squads, after due process of law, by those with a legal authority or duty such as soldiers during a battle or police or security guards in order to save or protect life with no reasonable alternative, or in self-defence when in fear for your life where no other alternative such as flight is available. It does not usually cover killing in order to detain or prevent escape.

There have been recent cases where the authority of the military and the police in several countries has been questioned after they have killed someone.

Edited by Classic Ray

"Police are expected to charge the sister with unlawful killing as they gather more evidence in the case."
Besides the rest of the article is really hard to follow...is there are "lawful killing"?

Maybe it runs under a different term. Try sudden disappearance...

"Unlawful Killing?"

See this proves...there must also be "lawful" killing in Thailand...

In most countries...all killings are considered "unlawful"...

Must say...I had to check myself from applauding a Thai woman finally standing up for herself...sad outcome...

A terrible thing to happen. The man is dead and the sister will regret the day for the rest of her life.

There is a widow and a fatherless child.

I don't read more than a line in most posts on Thai visa anymore, it takes the first few words to realize whether or not the post is relating to the topic or simply typing daily drivvle usually sarcastic or simply cruel comments towards other people's misfortune. Unfortunately there are more that don't relate to the topic recently.

My point is simply

Have you all gone numb? When I read something like this I feel sad for the relatives. These were normal people and for some insane reason an argument got so out of hand it escalated to a sister killing her brother.

RIP to the man

By coincidence the Europen Court of Justice today ruled in the Menezes case in the UK where the police shot a Brazilian man in the belief that he was a suicude bomber about to detonate a bomb on the London Underground. In fact he was just an illegal immigrant unlawfully in the UK to work. Report of the case here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35927775

If she had shot him there'd be 5 pages about how bad guns are by now.

RIP to the guy.

Trying to use this to score points for gun ownership? Really?

Have a word with yourself.

We really should get all these knives off the street.

But it was by the TV.

RIP to the guy.

No points for gun ownership, but points for outmaneuvering the usual suspects who are not allowed to own guns in their own countries.

RIP to the guy.

We really should get all these knives off the street.

A case is easily for the more dangerous types of knives being sold in open in places like Thailand yes. But knives actually have other purposes than killing people, while guns only suit one purpose, to kill.

Unless you cut your steak by firing at it with a machine gun rolleyes.gif

You are all talk unless you wear a shirt and cap advertising that you have no form of self-defense, are unarmed, and hate guns, oh, and post signs around your domicile and office saying no guns on premises.

Unless you can protect your loved ones with your words.

Loss of face is dangerous, and I have seen many cases where it ends with

violence. This woman defended herself, and her brother is dead.

Tragic for her to be forced to defend herself. Another news story of where a

body builder, who beat up a small young woman, who was lucky to survive his attack.

His end could be similar to this one, even if he goes to prison.

RIP to the guy.

i think MR Riz was only stating the obvious ; personally i am much more afraid of people with knives than people with guns