Thai Spouse Living In Uk Going To Europe

redrio

hi there,

My friend is been married to a thai national who is currently residing in the uk and is 6 months pregnant..

He was wanting to know, is it possible for her to goto spain on a 1 or 2 week holiday from the UK next year.

I think they will be leaving to child with his parents whilst going on holiday.

Is there any red tape that i need to tell him about such as filling out any other kind of visas in the uk for her.

She is currently on a 2 year settlement visa in the UK..

Any info will be much appreciated.

Regards

Red

hi there,

My friend is been married to a thai national who is currently residing in the uk and is 6 months pregnant..

He was wanting to know, is it possible for her to goto spain on a 1 or 2 week holiday from the UK next year.

Is there any red tape that i need to tell him about such as filling out any other kind of visas in the uk for her.

Regards

Red

SHE MUST GET A SCHENGEN VISA,WHILST IN THE UK,IT WILL COST HER ABOUT £70,APPLY 6 WEEKS BEFORE SHE GOES....THIS WILL ENABLE HER TO GO ANYWHERE IN EUROPE....TIP..APPLY FOR 1 FROM FRANCE AS ITS EASIER AND QUICKER,WE DID THIS AND WE GOT IT IN TIME TO GO TO PORTUGAL.....ITS THE SAME VISA FOR ALL THE COUNTRYS IN EUROPE...THE COMPANY IN THE UK I USED CALL 02074991166.....njoi spain

hi there,

Regards

Red

SHE MUST GET A SCHENGEN VISA,WHILST IN THE UK,IT WILL COST HER ABOUT £70,APPLY 6 WEEKS BEFORE SHE GOES....THIS WILL ENABLE HER TO GO ANYWHERE IN EUROPE....TIP..APPLY FOR 1 FROM FRANCE AS ITS EASIER AND QUICKER,WE DID THIS AND WE GOT IT IN TIME TO GO TO PORTUGAL.....ITS THE SAME VISA FOR ALL THE COUNTRYS IN EUROPE...THE COMPANY IN THE UK I USED CALL 02074991166.....njoi spain

how long is this valid for? and is it a multi entry, ie. 3 holidays in the life of the visa?

Yes she needs to apply for a Schengen Visa.

However, she must apply for the visa at the embassy of the nation where she will first enter the Schengen States.

The advice to apply to France because it is cheaper is incorrect. Presenting a Schengen Visa issued by France for the first entry into the Schengen States at a boarder other than France may result in a refusal of entry.

The rules on this are clear and easy to follow.

Edited by GuestHouse

If married to a EU/UK national the visa would be FREE.

Also applications to French Embassy in London for business Visa/spouses of Nationals are easier in Afternoon ...all other applis are chucked out....

Last 2 I got for wifie when she had an indefinate V were valid for 1 year...

How many times can you actually GO to that HYPERMARKET in Calais.... :o

Make sure the UK issued visa is multiple entry - if I am not mistaken there is somewhere a posting on just this subject - guy with Thai gets visa to go to europe but had a problem coming back into the Uk because the UK visa was a single entry.

No - I cannot recall the time frame - so this may well no longer be the case.

Tim

hi there,

Regards

Red

Maybe this is usefull:

When my stepdaughter (8 yo) came to Holland early this year, she needed a Schengen visa. At the Dutch embassy we could choose

- a C-visa (single entry, valid for stay in Holland 90 days) or

- a D-visa (multiple entry, valdid for stay in Schengen area 90 days).

When D-visa it was needed a complete health insurance for 90 days.

Maybe this is for all the Schengen countries.