Non-immigrant marriage visa

I'm living in the UK and hope to retire and join my wife in Thailand soon.
I know I need a non-immigrant O visa, but I 'm not sure whether I need to apply for a single or multiple entry visa at the embassy in London. What would be my best option?

If you like to start ASAP with application for your extension of stay based on marriage, you need to buy a single 3 months non immigreant O,

Reason being that you cannot apply until the very last month of that VISAS validity-time.... So buying a one year VISA you have to wait 11 months and during that time exit Thailand in order to gain 90 days permission to stay. By buying 1 single entry you just have to wait 2 months with NO exit at all...

Good luck

Glegolo

If you like to start ASAP with application for your extension of stay based on marriage, you need to buy a single 3 months non immigreant O,

Reason being that you cannot apply until the very last month of that VISAS validity-time.... So buying a one year VISA you have to wait 11 months and during that time exit Thailand in order to gain 90 days permission to stay. By buying 1 single entry you just have to wait 2 months with NO exit at all...

Good luck

Glegolo

Incorrect info. On a 12 months multiple entry O visa you can apply during any 90 day extension as long as you you have at least 15 days left on that entry. You do not have to wait 12 months.

In most cases, single entry Non O and one year extensions are best.However, if you plan on traveling a lot, the multiple entry Non O avoids the hassle (sometimes very annoying depending on the immigration office) of applying for the extension. With the multi Non O, you musti leave every 90-150 days, but there is otherwise no paperwork involved.

Good luck

Glegolo

Incorrect info. On a 12 months multiple entry O visa you can apply during any 90 day extension as long as you you have at least 15 days left on that entry. You do not have to wait 12 months.

You info is also not correct. There is no 90 day extension possible and there is no 15 day minimum time remaining to apply for it it there was one. You seem to confusing an extension with an application for a non immigrant visa at immigration.

A one year extension of stay can be applied for during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from a multiple entry non-o visa.

• Like 1