GIVI topbox alternative

Genericnic

Hi all.

I just bought a new Honda Wave 125i, the one with the helmet-in design, and was looking for a GIVI topbox. I found out that they have not made a rack compatible with this model Wave yet. Does anyone know if SHAD or any of the other makers have a rack that will fit the new Waves?

Thanks

David

You're looking for the rack, not the top box.

Almost any topbox can fit to a rack, it's the rack fitting the bike is the problem. biggrin.png

There will be tonnes of local made racks made by backyard Thai experts. rolleyes.gif

Avoid if possible. You don't want the rack to snap while you're riding, happened to a buddy of mine with his Thai made rack and he was lucky to survive, and the people behind too, and he wasn't even riding fast at the time. The World known brands are the way to go, good luck in your search.

For what it's worth I have a Givi rack and SHAD topbox on one of my bikes.

You're looking for the rack, not the top box.

Almost any topbox can fit to a rack, it's the rack fitting the bike is the problem. biggrin.png

There will be tonnes of local made racks made by backyard Thai experts. rolleyes.gif

Avoid if possible. You don't want the rack to snap while you're riding, happened to a buddy of mine with his Thai made rack and he was lucky to survive, and the people behind too, and he wasn't even riding fast at the time. The World known brands are the way to go, good luck in your search.

For what it's worth I have a Givi rack and SHAD topbox on one of my bikes.

Thanks for the reply.

I was asking about racks. The GIVI one does not fit the new Waves. I have checked the Shad site and they don't seem to make a rack that will fit it either. I can live without it and will avoid the locally made varieties. Eventually one of the major players will make one to fit.

David

Thanks Namplik.

I had already looked there. They have a rack that fits the older Waves but not the new ones. I checked with a friend of mine in Chiang Rai that sells GIVE equipment and she checked with her supplier in BKK. Seems that GIVE doesn't yet make a rack for the new Waves. sad.png

David