Hua Hin Haze

bubba1

The haze in some other locations (across Asia - not specific to Thailand) is often due to uncontrolled stubble and brush burning. Around Hua Hin there is absolute minimal amounts of that. I live in central Hua Hin and have never seen 'haze' of that type, though I guess it is possible that it happens locally, inland. Very occasional fog is about the limit. As I sit here now I have a clear view of both mountains and sea, and I think you can feel pretty confident that if you were to come to HH, there would be no problem.

I think bubba1 is not wrong. Earlier this week and for a few days the view was not very clear and one may call it haze. However I don't think it was caused by some bush fires or similar since there aren't really any in the HH area. It was probably a certain weather condition like a lot of humidity in the air that caused the haze, though I am not a metrologist and can only guess the cause of the weather condition....

I have a very broad view of the sky and mountains outside my Hua Hin house on Palm Hills and I don't see a haze. Maybe you should get your eyes examined.

There is not any today but was earlier in the week. Maybe you were drunk and can't remember?

Edited by bubba1

often, when we drive down the hill where elephant village is, from the top there is a great view of the sea.

Just as often, the view is impeded by some sort of smog / haze / airborne molecules, and the horizon cannot be seen

The haze in some other locations (across Asia - not specific to Thailand) is often due to uncontrolled stubble and brush burning. Around Hua Hin there is absolute minimal amounts of that. I live in central Hua Hin and have never seen 'haze' of that type, though I guess it is possible that it happens locally, inland. Very occasional fog is about the limit. As I sit here now I have a clear view of both mountains and sea, and I think you can feel pretty confident that if you were to come to HH, there would be no problem.

Excuse me, the burning is taking place. Most days it starts at 4 pm. You can really notice it at the higher elevations of a building in the market Village area. it's choking at times although not as bad as what I experienced in Chiang Rai last week.

bubba1 has to change his glasses.

I don't think so. Examples for bubba's perception.Shots from Dao Takiep

on 22.03.2016 - 11:46 a.m. You don't recognise The Hilton in the background (about 6 km?)

post-144423-0-59215000-1460096364_thumb.

on 28.03.2016 -10:41 a.m.

post-144423-0-49675200-1460096672_thumb.

Edited by puck2

• 2 weeks later...