Nights Are Getting Chily..

summerT

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I live 60km southwest of Khampaeng Phet near the Mae Wong national park and it is getting a bit colder at night now. Last night it was down to about 20 and the family are starting to huddle up in jumpers etc but no fashion out in the boonies. We dress to keep warm. In the next few weeks we will have a fire burning at night and sometimes in the morning. I have been in Thailand for around 5 years now and I must be getting acclimatised as I feel a bit cold at night especially when the wind blows.

QUOTE(Ulysses G. @ 2006-11-05 09:04:27)

QUOTE(summerT @ 2006-11-04 21:06:32)

at least mazo is half funny. Your just boring

If you say so.

I can spell "you're" though.

I wanted to say that.......

What is it with the 'spelling freaks' on these forums. Such bad manners and doesnt give Thaivisa a very welcoming feeling. Makes newbies feel uneasy posting on the forums, worrying someone will bite their head off if something is spelt wrong. Yuk. Y'all must have pretty boring lives if this is all you have to do all day.

If you say so.

What is it with the 'spelling freaks' on these forums. Such bad manners and doesnt give Thaivisa a very welcoming feeling. Makes newbies feel uneasy posting on the forums, worrying someone will bite their head off if something is spelt wrong. Yuk. Y'all must have pretty boring lives if this is all you have to do all day.

dyslexia |disˈleksēə| noun a general term for disorders that involve difficulty in learning to read or interpret words, letters, and other symbols, but that do not affect general intelligence. DERIVATIVES dyslectic |-ˈlektik| adjective & noun dyslexic |-ˈleksik| adjective & noun ORIGIN late 19th cent.: coined in German from dys- [difficult] + Greek lexis ‘speech’ (apparently by confusion of Greek legein ‘to speak’ and Latin legere ‘to read’ ).

Edited by mazo

If you say so.

A bit of a generalization, I would day.... :o:D Don´t get so worked up about it.....we´re only trying to uphold the English language... :D:D:D

dyslexia |disˈleksēə| noun a general term for disorders that involve difficulty in learning to read or interpret words, letters, and other symbols, but that do not affect general intelligence. DERIVATIVES dyslectic |-ˈlektik| adjective & noun dyslexic |-ˈleksik| adjective & noun ORIGIN late 19th cent.: coined in German from dys- [difficult] + Greek lexis ‘speech’ (apparently by confusion of Greek legein ‘to speak’ and Latin legere ‘to read’ ).

And whats this supposed to mean, Mazo????

Edited by Meg_ken2003

Thanks for the tip about mikes some ok cloths in there, got a nice jumper and a few shirts. Now could useless G tell me when he thinks its ok for me to wear it. Thanks.

Glad it was of help. For future reference Tesco in South Pattaya is on Sukhumvit Road, basically between Pattaya and Jomtien. Can't miss it if you head south on Suk. Outlet Mall is next door to the north. Again can't miss it.

Again all i can say is who are you to tell me if i felt a bit chily the other night? O.K call me what ya want all I really wanted was some info on some shops that might have some nice jumpers. Tahnks again folks.

i will bring you some warm clothes when i arrive there mid December whats your size? :o

• 1 month later...
Yeah!! Really Chilly, time to find a fat girl friend :D

fat girl friend....i think summer t would prefer something from boyz town with long sleeves that would warm him up a bit ..... oh god i hope its spelt collect i hope the grammar is rite :o .......

...aah.... a great thread finally revived...... :o Having followed this thread when it originally appeared, my wife and I then went on a 3-week holiday to Thailand....and.... having been suitably forewarned by Summer T of the chilly nights....... I took along...well you can´t be too careful, can you?... :bah: ... TWO pullovers..... :D:D Needless to say, neither around Pattaya, nor Chiangmai, nor in Udon Thani did I feel an inkling of the then much-dreaded chilly nights............... :bah::D I left them In Nongwahyay with my father-in-law with strict instructions to hand them over to any TV members, who may be passing by and feeling the chill....... :D

Will someone just admit that pattaya dosnt have any decent cloth shops???? Still love it here though :o

What's the point of investing a lot of money in clothes you will get very little use out of. I'm lucky that I brought a few jackets here as I like to ride motorcycles and anyone with some experience in SE Asia knows there are a few weeks when they are needed.

Buying second hand jackets or jumpers at the markets is a great idea.

Edited by tropo

As was pointed out in a different thread, Big C on 2nd Road , 2nd Floor - "The Export Shop" has good quality, brand name (not knock-offs) clothes at fantastic prices.

No, not associated, but a regular customer!

Thanks for that; saw your other post as well. Will check out the 'Export Shop' in the next few days, need a jacket...going somewhere really cold in January.....

Well, that was good for a laugh.

I thought the thread was going to be about "balcony" jumpers (being in the Pattaya Forum and all) :o

Couldn't figure out what the "Nights are getting Chily" part though. :D

Thought maybe it had something to do with Thai Chili ? Hot enough to make people jump from their condos ?

I must say, this is not the crowd to tripping over your tongue with ! Knitting needles and knives poised to strike at the most minor of spelling or grammatical errors ! Tough crowd. :D

Of course, like may others here, I have no constructive advice to give. I could afford to shop in dem dere fancy schmancy shops, but actually enjoy browsing the markets with my friends. When I do buy clothes, my priority is functionality, not name brand. Besides, a fancy name isn't always a guarantee of quality, but it usually costs more regardless !

Edited by Kerryd

It makes me smile every time I heard you folks carrying on about "jumpers"!

Where I'm from ladies and small children wear them, but not grown men!

Next summerT will be inquiring about a high quality head scarf? :o

How about some nice fuzzy mittens to go with that?

~WISteve

Unfortunately that great cool weather didn't last long. It's getting back to normal as the mercury hasn't dropped below 20C for the last 2 nights where I live on Buddha Hill.

It was a nice break.

I don't know if this is good or bad news but the cool weather is set to return on Friday night (December 29th), except more so. 15-16 degrees night time temperature is predicted.