Obscure Football on the Telly

Chicog

Occurs to me that with streams and IPTV available, there are a lot of games that might go unnoticed, so here's a thread for your requests or for details of games that are being televised.

E.g. Tonight at 19:45BST is the 2nd Leg of the FA Youth Cup Arsenal (1) vs Man City (2) on ITV4

And on BT Sport 1 is U21 EPL Man U vs Chelsea

^ U forgot the biggie Chiqswink.png ....LFC kids beat Leicester 2-0 at the King Power. Jones and Sinclair with the goals, Ojo the star man.

Match was live on LFC TV at 1 am.

Next game is the <18s mini derby match on Saturday 9th, again on LFC TV at 5pm (Thai time).

I did see LFCTV, CFCTV etc. but they aren't mainstream channels so not sure about the streams.

Arse did their best yesterday, down to ten men but for some reason the ref decided the keeper picking up the ball outside his area right in front of an Arsenal front man did not constitute "denying a clear goalscoring opportunity"!

Ergo the ref farked us.

Pissed off I didn't read the opening post yesterday; would of loved to have watched the semifinal. Interesting that Blackburn are in the other semi against the current big boys of youth football, Chelsea. Always enjoy watching the kids football, find it refreshing.

I did see LFCTV, CFCTV etc. but they aren't mainstream channels so not sure about the streams.

Arse did their best yesterday, down to ten men but for some reason the ref decided the keeper picking up the ball outside his area right in front of an Arsenal front man did not constitute "denying a clear goalscoring opportunity"!

Ergo the ref farked us.

Get them (and ManU yuuckk!) direct thru the IPTV box so.no streaming needed. Also has a wifi dongle so can use in hotels or anywhere there is reasonable internetsmile.png

Ergo the ref farked us.

Get them (and ManU yuuckk!) direct thru the IPTV box so.no streaming needed. Also has a wifi dongle so can use in hotels or anywhere there is reasonable internetsmile.png

If you are watching it through an IPTV box you *are* streaming you mug.

biggrin.png

I just take the Amazon Fire Stick, plugs straight into the telly and connects to Wifi or the phone.

Edited by Chicog

Technically you are correct Chiqs but it is not what I class as streaming matebiggrin.png ...this is the equivalent of a Sky box in the UK or indeed a True/CTH or grammy box over here. LFC TV for example comes direct from UK (in exactly the same way and from the same source as the "mainstream channels" that you mentioned earlier).

Can also watch it anywhere in the world. I assume that is the same with the Fire Stick?

Pissed off I didn't read the opening post yesterday; would of loved to have watched the semifinal. Interesting that Blackburn are in the other semi against the current big boys of youth football, Chelsea. Always enjoy watching the kids football, find it refreshing.

I disagree; BB; I find it depressing. Chelsea pretty much dominate the FA Youth Cup year in, year out, but who is coming through the youth team to make it big in their first team? Reuben Loftus Cheek and .... er... that's it. Ditto Man City who are also doing quite well in this year's tournament. Kudos to Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal & Liverpool who all seem to have a youth system that brings players through to the first team. I strongly believe that Chelsea & City cherry pick the best young players around just to make sure no-one else can have them. Shame on them. Will their new managers be turning to their youth systems? I very much doubt it.

Technically you are correct Chiqs but it is not what I class as streaming matebiggrin.png ...this is the equivalent of a Sky box in the UK or indeed a True/CTH or grammy box over here. LFC TV for example comes direct from UK (in exactly the same way and from the same source as the "mainstream channels" that you mentioned earlier).

Can also watch it anywhere in the world. I assume that is the same with the Fire Stick?

Yup.

I disagree; BB; I find it depressing. Chelsea pretty much dominate the FA Youth Cup year in, year out, but who is coming through the youth team to make it big in their first team? Reuben Loftus Cheek and .... er... that's it. Ditto Man City who are also doing quite well in this year's tournament. Kudos to Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal & Liverpool who all seem to have a youth system that brings players through to the first team. I strongly believe that Chelsea & City cherry pick the best young players around just to make sure no-one else can have them. Shame on them. Will their new managers be turning to their youth systems? I very much doubt it.
Two points.

My original post was that I enjoy watching junior football. Nothing to disagree with there I hope. I was also not considering whether or not youth players come through, just the enjoyment of watching them.

Second point is if City and Chelsea cherry pick these days, this has always gone on. The bigger, richer, more famous club in the area would be able to get the best players...that's the way it is. Why do you think Bryan Giggs left City for Utd. These days parents are CHOOSING City over Utd; dont believe it, then the fact ex-ManU players are choosing City's academy over Utds is evidence of the current trend.

I do agree that it's enjoyable to watch. It's just depressing that you know that the youngsters playing for City & Chelsea are more than likely never going to progress to the first team. I'm not sure it's a wise decision to go to these clubs in the first place, but I understand that the money is irresistable. I know a guy whose son plays for Bristol City's reserves, earns more than his Dad and drives round in a new BMW. That's the lower end of League One, so at the very top of the EPL it must be a whole lot more.

^"I'm not sure it's a wise decision to go to these clubs in the first place, but I understand that the money is irresistable". I'd agree with that, and the training and skills development is probably better at the better clubs (I'm comparing say being at City or Utd to Oldham), but unless you're an exceptional player, the chances at breaking through and getting 1st team experience must be lower being at City or Utd than at Oldham. Swings and roundabouts.

Be interesting if there was a survey of just the youth finals decade by decade and how many players from each team ended up playing in which division over the majority of their career. I'd bet each decade since Bosman, players are establishing themselves at a lower level for their career than they were in the 50s to mid 90s.

• 4 weeks later...